MP1 TV Guide not being color coded correctly. (1 Viewer)

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
September 14, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am downloading the TV Guide data from Schedules Direct into MediaPortal (ver 1.12) program. When I open the TV Guide in MP1, the data appears showing the various TV show line-ups correctly. The problem is that the color coded genres are all showing in the default grey. None of the assigned categories are working. I am thinking that SD is not providing the correct information. Can you help tell me, is this a SD issue or a Media Portal issue. (see attached)

When you look at the screen shot, at the top of the TV Guide, there a color coded template. Each TV listing is to be color coded accordingly. I cannot find out why it is not working. All listings are using the default color of grey and "currently active" as green. For example, on Channel 53, Ace Ventura movie is to be displayed in Bright Red. Since the color coded template is working, I was thinking that the data is not being delivered to MP with the correct genre mapping.

How can I review the data to see if what genre mapping is being provided. Maybe "Ace Ventura" is being classified something else causing the mis-match. djm

Attachments

• MP TV Guide ScreenShot.jpg
    MP TV Guide ScreenShot.jpg
    198.8 KB

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
September 14, 2015
Home Country
Thank you for redirecting me to this article. I was not setting up the genres correctly. This article needs to be updated with a little more detail to explain how it works. However, using the "Kids" example pictured, I was able to figure it out. Thanks. djm

Donald J. Michaud

Portal Pro
September 14, 2015
Home Country
I am sorry you felt I was ignoring you. I was not. I simply mis-understood how to use that feature. Now I know. When I was using the previous skin (I think it was Titan), the color coding worked automatically without me having to do anything. You have been a part of MP since 2008; I have only been with MP less than 2 months. I have a lot to learn. djm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm glad you have it working now. :)

When I was using the previous skin (I think it was Titan), the color coding worked automatically without me having to do anything.
    I really don't want to be disagreeable, pedantic or get bogged down in detail. However I feel it is important for people reading this thread in future to have full and accurate information. So...

Guide colour coding requires configuration in 2 areas:
    1. MediaPortal skin configuration: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/13_GUI#TV_guide
    2. TV Server Configuration genre mapping: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/EPG_Genre_Map
    Both of those areas must be manually configured. They don't support automatic configuration, therefore guide colour coding can never work automatically.

Further, the genre mapping configuration in TV Server Configuration applies to all skins. Therefore if one skin works, all skins should work; if one skin does not work, no skins will work. The previous statement depends on 2 assumptions:
    1. MediaPortal skin configuration must have been applied. As above: guide colour coding requires configuration in 2 areas. It is not sufficient to only configure one area.
    2. The used skin must support guide colour coding. Guide colour coding is an optional feature. Some skins simply don't support the feature. If a skin doesn't support the feature, nothing you do can make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom