MP1 TV Server Broken (1 Viewer)

W4ATL

Portal Member
September 8, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been using MP1 reliably for several years but suddenly the TV Server stopped working. I've even tried doing a full uninstall and re-installing but it fails when trying to install the TV-Server. I then tried to install MP2 and it works and I am able to scan channels and watch TV. I would stay with MP2 but there is no EPG solution for the USA that I have been able to get to work. MP1 works great with Schedules Direct.

1. Can anyone provide a solution for the MP1 TV Server problem? See the error message.

1637929220642.png

2. Or, is there a way to get the Schedules Direct EPG data into MP2? I've tried EPG Buddy and XMLTV GUI to no avail and an extensive search of the forums was not helpful.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its just a guess but I suspect the MySQL database has become corrupted (MP2 does not use MySQL)! I suggest you clean everything up by uninstalling MySQL and deleting the leftover MySQL folders in Program Files and Program Data also do a full uninstall of MP1 and delete the Team MediaPortal folders in Program Files (x86) and Program Data.
    Reinstall MP1 and hopefully all will fly again.

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Its just a guess but I suspect the MySQL database has become corrupted (MP2 does not use MySQL)! I suggest you clean everything up by uninstalling MySQL and deleting the leftover MySQL folders in Program Files and Program Data also do a full uninstall of MP1 and delete the Team MediaPortal folders in Program Files (x86) and Program Data.
    Reinstall MP1 and hopefully all will fly again.
    That was it! I was able to get TVServer installed and running on MP1. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom