MP2.1.1 - Giving MP2 another go... (1 Viewer)

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
September 9, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Have taken another look at MP2 with the latest release. There are still a few issues that I’m seeing and wonder if this is by design?

1st After my initial import of Movies I noticed that some had a watched icon. This status had come from the .nfo files in the movie folder (<watched>True</watched>) but when I applied a filter for (un-)watched every film was set as unwatched despite the icon.

The issue was resolved after I synchronised my collection with Trakt.tv but should the .nfo also set the watched flag correctly and not just display the watched icon?

2nd The watched status does not appear to carry through to other clients for Series. On the HTPC running Client/Server I have correct (un-)watched flags but on client machines all Series/Episodes are showing as Unwatched. Movies are showing correct, just Series has this issue. Synchronising with Trakt.tv from the client has no effect. I’ve been unable to resolve this myself.

3rd When viewing Series that are Unwatched with the second filter set to Series I still see the Series banner for those that are 100% watched and no episodes are displayed if I go into the series. With MP-TVSeries the series banner would not show if there were no new episodes to watch. Can this behaviour be reproduced in MP2 at all?

Thanks!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and wonder if this is by design?
    Indeed, most of the things you mention relate to this. MP2 includes a (not fully finished) user management. 'Watched' information is kept at user level, which at this time means relative to the logged on Windows user.

1st After my initial import of Movies I noticed that some had a watched icon. This status had come from the .nfo files in the movie folder (<watched>True</watched>) but when I applied a filter for (un-)watched every film was set as unwatched despite the icon.
    The filter acts at user level only. If you set the filter to <watched> you should get no results in exchange.

The issue was resolved after I synchronised my collection with Trakt.tv but should the .nfo also set the watched flag correctly and not just display the watched icon?
    This also relates to the user level.

2nd The watched status does not appear to carry through to other clients for Series.
    For the same user-level reason.

Synchronising with Trakt.tv from the client has no effect. I’ve been unable to resolve this myself.
    This should work (and does here:)). Can you retry this and provide logs please?

3rd When viewing Series that are Unwatched with the second filter set to Series I still see the Series banner for those that are 100% watched and no episodes are displayed if I go into the series.
    Right, I noticed this also and there is some inconsistency here.

@ge2301 , all in all the watched status at series and season poster level as well as the respective % info is not always in line with the status at individual episode level. Maybe this is due to our unfinished user management. But what would be the expected behavior? If I import MI's with a "is watched" status, the parent series/season level gets the red eye, but then at episode level it is unwatched, which suggests that I have some kind of general view level that switches to user level when I display epiosdes.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    all in all the watched status at series and season poster level as well as the respective % info is not always in line with the status at individual episode level. Maybe this is due to our unfinished user management.
    Don't think it's due to the user management as nothing has changed in this area since some time afaik. To me it looks as something has changed on database level here. I don't remember since which version this happens, but I'm pretty sure it was after 2.1 Final...

Dunno what has changed, but restoring of watched flags with MP2 B&R also leads to lots of issues. If you're lucky you have watched flags only on episodes level, not on season or series level. If you are not that lucky the server even refuses to start at all. Sadly I don't had time to dig deeper what's going wrong there...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    3rd When viewing Series that are Unwatched with the second filter set to Series I still see the Series banner for those that are 100% watched and no episodes are displayed if I go into the series.
    This is a bug and I think I can see where, its potentially related to your other issues but I'm not sure on those yet.
    I've recorded the issue under MP2-687.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    1st After my initial import of Movies I noticed that some had a watched icon.
    This is probably related to the fact the imported watch status is stored into the MediaAspect and not the user watch status. The filters in the client only use the user watch status, so they will not work with imported watches. When browsing though the media the watch status will be determined both from the MediaAspect and from the user watch status, so here they will appear to be watched. This was done to not lose the watch status of media at the beginning of the MIA rework. Later though when the filter were created it was only possible to do for the user watch status. So we should probably remove that media appears watched based solely on the MediaAspect. I also don't think parents are updated during import so series will still be be un-watched etc. The question is how should this be handled? Should all users have the watch status imported when importing a watch flag? This would update the parents also but I have no idea what that will do the import speed. Another possibility is to not import the watch status and everything has to be updated through the client after an import.
    2nd The watched status does not appear to carry through to other clients for Series.
    That's probably because the watch status is only saved for client on which is was watched. So this is, as already mentioned, because of the not fully implemented user support.

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
    September 9, 2012
    Home Country
    This should work (and does here:)). Can you retry this and provide logs please?

As requested, I've attached the logs. Again, even after performing a Trakt.tv sync all series are showing as Unwatched on the client.

Thanks to everyone who has responded!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some adjustments have now been made to the treatment of <watched> status information, which will be part of the next release MP 2.1.2

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As requested, I've attached the logs.
    Thanks. :) General remark: You logs were are taken in INFO level . Log level can be changed to DEBUG from within the menu. See Wiki for details. Not important in your case though.

Again, even after performing a Trakt.tv sync all series are showing as Unwatched on the client.
    The log shows an error message:
    [2017-08-04 18:30:26,271] [1954374] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - Trakt.tv: Unable to login to trakt

Please repeat the login process. Be aware that theTrakt.tv credentials that you are creating are one-time and one-device entries, Therefore you need to repeat these steps on each client.

P.S.: There is no Wiki entry for this plugin yet other than a place holder. Anybody interested in creating such documentation is highly welcome :)

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
    September 9, 2012
    Home Country
    The log shows an error message:
    [2017-08-04 18:30:26,271] [1954374] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - Trakt.tv: Unable to login to trakt

I'll redo the logs set to DEBUG level however the workflow when capturing the original logs did include me re-authenticating with the Trakt.tv plugin. You should see the successful login line a bit further down the log:
    [2017-08-04 18:31:51,664] [2039767] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - Trakt.tv: Successfully logged in

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should see the successful login line a bit further down the log:
    [2017-08-04 18:31:51,664] [2039767] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - Trakt.tv: Successfully logged in
    Blimey :whistle: - I only looked at the error log, saw the error message and didn't bother looking further. :(

No need for DEBUG.:) The log clearly shows a successful snychronization. In the meantime some work has been done on the watch status management. I'll provide you a test version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom