[solved] MP2.1 WMC Skin - Horizontal Scolling (1 Viewer)

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Congratulations on introducing a skin - WMC - that has mouse volume controls - much appreciated.

In the TV guide, there is no button to scroll forward in time - there is one to jump days but not hours.
    In the main menu there is no mouse control to scroll across to any options off screen.

... its looking good!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Congratulations on introducing a skin - WMC - that has mouse volume controls - much appreciated.

In the TV guide, there is no button to scroll forward in time - there is one to jump days but not hours.
    In the main menu there is no mouse control to scroll across to any options off screen.

... its looking good!
    EPG: Just scroll further to the right or left. Even the visible end is reached it will continue. There is need for an additional button.
    The main menu doesn't need a home button, because the button will navigate to where you are. But I could add at least window controls. If you mean something else, it would be good, if you can explain with other words

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use a PCs connected to flat panel TVs with a wireless mouse as the only control - I do not want to go back to using remotes. MP1 does have some skins with full mouse controls (TV volume control etc).
    But with MP2 the WMC skin is the only one with tv/video volume controls.

EPG: I cannot find a way to scroll to the right / left with a mouse. The MP1 skins have buttons to move through time but the WMC skin lacks these. There are only controls to jump through the days.

Main menu: you are correct - the home button should be used.
    eg after selecting settings followed by the option 'skin settings', the home button does take you back okay - I was using the 'go-back' button which takes you back but moves most of the options off screen and not reachable by mouse.
    Thank you for this tip.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Bobnz ,

A HTPC is expected to be controled with a remote rather than a mouse. Because of that there are few skins that offer mouse control, which applies to MP1 and even more to MP2.

We can register your thread as a request for a new feature, but I can't tell when and if it will be realized. Our resources are very limited and priority is given to fixing bugs.

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you for your response.
    I do appreciate that not all user expectations can be met.
    I will roll back to MP1.
    Regards
    Bob

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EPG: I cannot find a way to scroll to the right / left with a mouse. The MP1 skins have buttons to move through time but the WMC skin lacks these. There are only controls to jump through the days.
    Ok, now I understand. I will see and perhaps add buttons.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will see and perhaps add buttons.
    Could such buttons be dynamic, i.e. only appear when the mouse is moved?

I would think that of 50 users there would be only one controlling his HTPC with a wireless mouse. Ideally only usable controls would be displayed.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could such buttons be dynamic, i.e. only appear when the mouse is moved?

I would think that of 50 users there would be only one controlling his HTPC with a wireless mouse. Ideally only usable controls would be displayed.
    Yes, that's possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom