MP2 - V2.3 [solved] MP2 2.3 Client won't start (1 Viewer)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I just upgraded from MP2 2.2.3 to MP2 2.3 and now my clients start, show the splash screen, and then don't move any further. Is it doing something that should be taking a long time? I was using the Windows Media Center Skin, is that no longer supported? If so how do I change back to the default so I can at least use MP2? I do want to use Nereus once I get this running?

EDIT:

Here's the error from the client log file:

[2020-10-23 09:21:43,601] [546 ] [Main ] [FATAL] - Error executing application
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied
    at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
    at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(HttpListener listener, Func`2 appFunc, IList`1 addresses, IDictionary`2 capabilities, Func`2 loggerFactory)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(Func`2 app, IDictionary`2 properties)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.ServerFactory.ServerFactoryAdapter.Create(IAppBuilder builder)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.StartServer(StartContext context)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.Start(StartContext context)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.WebApp.StartImplementation(IServiceProvider services, StartOptions options, Action`1 startup)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.ResourceAccess.ResourceServer.CreateAndStartServer()
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.ResourceAccess.ResourceServer.Startup()
    at MediaPortal.Common.ApplicationCore.StartCoreServices()
    at MediaPortal.Client.ApplicationLauncher.Main(String[] args)
    [2020-10-23 09:21:43,617] [562 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Shutdown

Last edited:

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I just upgraded from MP2 2.2.3 to MP2 2.3 and now my clients start, show the splash screen, and then don't move any further. Is it doing something that should be taking a long time? I was using the Windows Media Center Skin, is that no longer supported? If so how do I change back to the default so I can at least use MP2? I do want to use Nereus once I get this running?

EDIT:

Here's the error from the client log file:

[2020-10-23 09:21:43,601] [546 ] [Main ] [FATAL] - Error executing application
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied
    at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
    at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinHttpListener.Start(HttpListener listener, Func`2 appFunc, IList`1 addresses, IDictionary`2 capabilities, Func`2 loggerFactory)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.OwinServerFactory.Create(Func`2 app, IDictionary`2 properties)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.ServerFactory.ServerFactoryAdapter.Create(IAppBuilder builder)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.StartServer(StartContext context)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.Engine.HostingEngine.Start(StartContext context)
    at Microsoft.Owin.Hosting.WebApp.StartImplementation(IServiceProvider services, StartOptions options, Action`1 startup)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.ResourceAccess.ResourceServer.CreateAndStartServer()
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.ResourceAccess.ResourceServer.Startup()
    at MediaPortal.Common.ApplicationCore.StartCoreServices()
    at MediaPortal.Client.ApplicationLauncher.Main(String[] args)
    [2020-10-23 09:21:43,617] [562 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Shutdown
    Please uninstall MP2.3 once again and then remove the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client” (all settings will be kept) manually.
    After that reinstall MP2.3.
    Reason of your problem ist, that some old x64 incompatible files remained from previous installation making the client not start.

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Country flag
    Will this work on the server as well? One of my clients is on my server.

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Country flag
    So it didn't work on the server, but the error is different now. It says it can't find the ilogger.

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Country flag
    I found the problem. I had recovered the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal Client folder from when I was having problems. After deleting that it's working.

Users who are viewing this thread