[solved] MP2.2.3 TV Guide not scrolling with mouse wheel (2 Viewers)

Bob Whiting

January 5, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The TV Guide schedule will only scroll with keyboard up and down arrows and not the mouse wheel. Why is this the case? The Live TV list will scroll with the mouse wheel. It seems that both lists should scroll with the mouse wheel. Also, when using up and down arrow keys, once at the top of the channel list, the focus will move up to the start time (or in Blue Vision up to the top menu "TV" icon). If arrow left, the list will not scroll left until the focus is all the way to the left "all channels" bar. I have used both the Windows Media Center and BlueVision skins. I have tried the default 7 rows and also set 8 rows of TV Guide information.
Are there other ways to approach this? I have used two skins and there does not appear to be the popup scroll arrows that the Microsoft Windows Media Center has. The live TV list will scroll with the wheel. Just the TV Schedule requires the up/down arrow. I am new to MediaPortal. Most of the settings are still default settings. I am using mc2xml, XMLTV and Schedules Direct TVguide. The schedule data appears to be imported correctly and is showing programs at the correct times. Recording is working and playback of recorded media works.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV Guide schedule will only scroll with keyboard up and down arrows and not the mouse wheel.
    It is working here, hence it can't be a general problem. Difficult to diagnose.

If everything else is working for you, I can't imagine a problem in your MP2 setup. Yet as the last resort you can always try to uninstall - your data and settings will not be touched - and then reinstall.

Bob Whiting

January 5, 2020
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Uninstalled and then removed all Media Portal related folders. Installed new copy of Media Portal and made as few changes as possible to have a list of TV channels. Still failed to scroll with mouse wheel on the EPG table. After experimenting with mouse settings, it appears that a setting of one line at a time vs two lines at a time makes the difference. So problem SOLVED. To scroll with the mouse wheel on the EPG you need 2 or more lines at a time for the mouse settings. The List of channels scrolls with one or more lines each time.

Gush Bhumbra

August 14, 2021
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Please can you tell me where to change this setting? I tried every setting I found and cannot see any mouse settings.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal 2 has no mouse settings, those are controlled by Windows.
    You need to change it in your Windows mouse settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom