[solved] MP2.2 Input Management (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hitting the Page Up/Down keys on the keyboard does change the TV channel.
    Some keys are hard-coded and can't be changed. They also react as such to all combinations of them, i.e. Ctrl+Key = Key. The latter is about to change (see MP2-783).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some keys are hard-coded and can't be changed. They also react as such to all combinations of them, i.e. Ctrl+Key = Key. The latter is about to change (see MP2-783).
    Still does not explain why everything I have tried with the key mapping does not work at all. On a quick check I can't get the screen mapping to function either. Has anyone else tried Input Management and got it working? If yes please can you post an example so I can try it on my setup.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Has anyone else tried Input Management and got it working?
    I just mapped Alt+h to the Key "Guide" as per the screenshot. When I now press Alt+h, the FullGuide is opened as expected.

Mapping.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just mapped Alt+h to the Key "Guide" as per the screenshot. When I now press Alt+h, the FullGuide is opened as expected.
    Thanks for that I can also confirm that mapping Alt+h to the "Guide" key works, so at least it was not me;). The "Guide" key, however, seems to be one of the very few, or possibly the only one that does work. Interestingly in the screen mapping section the Guide screen also works well but if you want some fun try mapping Alt+H to the Online Videos screen, you might need to close and restart MP2 to action changes to screen mapping, I did, although not for key mapping.:rolleyes:
    Would it be fair enough to say the mapping section is work in progress and leave it at that?????
    I will look forward to trying a reworked version.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The next version MP 2.2.1 will come with a new Input Manager that consumes HID events. This means that even if your remote doesn't immediately run out of the box, you will nevertheless be able to map every key on your input device, be it remote, keyboard or gamepad, to any MP2 function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom