MP2.2 Pre-Release Discussions (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also realized, but hesitated to "annoy" @Brownard with this ;) As you also realized now, let's see, if he can easiliy fix it. It's nothing I can do in xaml.

that won't be possible or is very complicated, because it would mess up the complete focus handling of MP2. In media libraries you can scroll easily by just putting the mouse into the side margins of the targeted scroll direction. In EPG the cell where the mouse is positioned has focus. If we would place scroll buttons, the EPG grid would directly loose focus, when a scroll button get's focus. Accordingly MP2 would not know which EPG cell to focus and where to scroll.

I agree here also for media related settings. @henso can better make a statement here how feasible the change is.

They are existing. If you can not see them, MP2 can not detect the chapters. Please try with other DVD's and if you never can get them, but with other players you can rise a bug report.

Was discussed also in the past, but never integrated. Maybe somebody else knows better. I'm not recording anything.

I think there was an overlapping problem with some elements. Need to check that, but I'm 1 month off from today.

@Brownard can check this. I also lost settings sometimes due to wrong clicks, so I can confirm it happens.

Was requested several times, but I'm not sure why we couldn't/didn't implement. @morpheus_xx can answer this.

I think that is not really needed and would make it very complicated. Every HTPC software supports certain formats. Several tagging softwares support the MP2 naming scheme.

Agree here. There is often still a focus problem. I'll see what I can do on skin side to improve this. But I think it should be generally happening even without any "tweaks" on skin side. I'm not sure why MP2 is loosing the focus so often.

Others also reported, that settings are not saved correctly. @morpheus_xx or @Brownard can hopefully take a look and fix that.
    @Brownard were you able to take a look on the mentioned points? I didn’t check, if you pushed or posted anything somewhere else, so apologies, if points are already clarified ;)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @ge2301,

I noticed there is a 'Eject' command missing for CD/DVD/Blu-ray in Titanium Extended Skin in 'Browse Media'. Selecting the CD/DVD and invoking the submenu with 'i' there is no choice to eject the disc.

Cheers

Blue Max

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @ge2301,

I noticed there is a 'Eject' command missing for CD/DVD/Blu-ray in Titanium Extended Skin in 'Browse Media'. Selecting the CD/DVD and invoking the submenu with 'i' there is no choice to eject the disc.

Cheers

Blue Max
    Did you find it in other skins? I think the question was raised already some time ago and I could not find any command for that I can bind a button to. Best is you raise a feature request as I see it also as meaningful.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Did you find it in other skins? I think the question was raised already some time ago and I could not find any command for that I can bind a button to. Best is you raise a feature request as I see it also as meaningful.

I did not find it in other skins or themes either. There are always the same four items in the context menu of the inserted disc. I will raise a feature request. In MP1 there is a command for ejecting a disc in the context menu.

Cheers

Blue Max

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Brownard were you able to take a look on the mentioned points? I didn’t check, if you pushed or posted anything somewhere else, so apologies, if points are already clarified ;)
    The on screen arrows are a bit tricky as currently the only way to scroll the list 'manually' is to give the next item focus. It should be possible to rework this but it won't be a small fix. I can change the menu save handling, though then there will be no way to revert changes. Ideally there should probably be a dialog that asks to save on exit but it doesn't seem that easy to implement with the core workflow handling.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The on screen arrows are a bit tricky as currently the only way to scroll the list 'manually' is to give the next item focus. It should be possible to rework this but it won't be a small fix. I can change the menu save handling, though then there will be no way to revert changes. Ideally there should probably be a dialog that asks to save on exit but it doesn't seem that easy to implement with the core workflow handling.
    As both items seem not so easy to be reworked, you better decide by yourself, what is worth to do.
    Regarding the navigation buttons, is it not possible to refocus the button by a trigger on click or something similar? I know sometimes things seem so easy, but aren't ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I've been using 2.2 Pre Release for a few days with the WMC skin. Here's a few issues I have spotted.

Requests:
    • Bigger "restore" and "close" icons in top right corner of screen (WMC skin). Done
    Done, see screenshot. I'm only home for few hours and leave for another week. For other points a dev needs to support. I'm also not sure why it's so silent lately, hopefully everybody is just traveling as me ;)
    Unbenannt.jpg

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Can you point me to some lists where the focus is not set correctly? I've only little time when I'm back. thanks!

There's a simple answer to this: None of the lists give focus to the first item :)

...at least not on my installation. Movies, Videos, Audio, Browse media, etc. They all seem to put focus on an item in the filters / sorting menu, rather than on the list of media items themselves. I'm not sure what the intention is, but I'd prefer to be able to put focus on the list of media items so I can navigate immediately to the item I want rather than having to find where the current focus is, and move accordingly, or use the mouse.

I'm also not sure why it's so silent lately, hopefully everybody is just traveling as me ;)

Sorry I missed your posts - I've been busy with other stuff. I am appreciating your efforts! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom