MP2.2pre Client crash while streaming Live TV from remote MP2.2pre Server (both offline) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amatesi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2

Description
    Setup:
    • (upstairs) MP2.2pre Server connected to WLAN and TV antenna.
    • (downstairs) MP2.2pre Client connected to WLAN AP via Ethernet.
    • No Internet (only internal (W)LAN traffic).
    Full log files attached (extracts below) - The issue occurred on the 29th of Sep 2018 at 18.29.

How to reproduce issue.
    1. Ensure you have the above setup.
    2. Ensure you are offline (ie. both client & server are unable to get to Internet).
    3. Play Live TV on the client - a crash will eventually occur.

MP2.2pre Client log extract:
    [2018-09-29 18:19:16,308] [928729 ] [Thread10 ] [INFO ] - Started refeshing News Feeds ...
    [2018-09-29 18:19:28,299] [940719 ] [Thread10 ] [WARN ] - Unable to load default news feeds xml from server: The remote name could not be resolved: 'install.team-mediaportal.com'
    [2018-09-29 18:19:28,299] [940719 ] [Thread10 ] [INFO ] - Finished refeshing News Feeds ...
    [2018-09-29 18:29:00,191] [1512612] [151 ] [ERROR] - ApplicationLauncher: Unhandled exception in application
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Models.SlimTvClientModel.<Update>d__143.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
    # MP2.2pre Client log.

Windows Event Viewer Application Log extract:
    Application: MP2-Client.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Models.SlimTvClientModel+<Update>d__143.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
    # Windows Event Viewer Application Log.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Play Live TV on the client - a crash will eventually occur.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-09-29-19.26.01.zip
      355.6 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Please set log level to DEBUG an repeat. Then upload full logs, including the ones from server. Also please don't delete the event logs.

amatesi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MP2.2pre CLIENT debug logs attached

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-10-01-01.29.36.zip
      404 KB

amatesi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MP2.2pre SERVER debug logs attached

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-10-01-01.30.45.zip
      624.3 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you.

a crash will eventually occur
    Does this mean that you can play Live TV for some time, but at some point the app is crashing on your client? Does this also happen if you allow internet connections?

The crash appears to happen in connection with
    [2018-10-01 01:19:39,472] [90917 ] [22 ] [DEBUG] - AsyncWebLoadOperation: Failed to download http://[fe80::6154:25f1:20e3:f943]:...ttype=Banner&name=RACING.COM&width=0&height=0 - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    [...]
    [2018-10-01 01:29:00,356] [651802 ] [22 ] [ERROR] - ApplicationLauncher: Unhandled exception in application
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Models.SlimTvClientModel.<Update>d__143.MoveNext()

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @amatesi I checked the method and could not see obvious issues. I have compiled a DEBUG version of the TV plugin. Could you please take a backup of existing folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.Client and extract the attached archive into this folder?

Then run MP2-Client again and reproduce the issue. Attach log files, I hope to get a line number of the crash source :)

Attachments

• SlimTVClient-DEBUG.7z
      154.2 KB

amatesi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi @HTPCSourcer & @morpheus_xx and thank you for your replies and your effort in troubleshooting this issue (much appreciated).

@HTPCSourcer: the answer to your question is yes - Live TV works for 10mins then the client stops (crashes, takes you back to Desktop). Note: currently my Internet is down & I'm waiting for my provider to fix it (using the phone at time o/t writing).

• The good news is that I might have worked out what is causing this issue :)
    On the MP2-Server -> TV Server Configuration -> Plugins, I did enable WebEPG (in order to get EPGs from the Internet).

• I have now DISABLED WebEPG Plugin and MP2-Client LiveTV has been stable for the past hour, so (if that is an indication), I welcome you guys to review the WebEPG Plugin "Internet checks" code section.

Thanks again and I will update this thread accordingly if my issue recurs with WebEPG disabled & no Internet.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did enable WebEPG
    Ah, WebEPG is a plugin that comes together with the TV package that we use as such. We (MP2 team) don't maintain the plugins that are deployed together with the TV part. The good news is that you don't really need it as there a re better solutions around, e.g. 'EPG Buddy'. A quick search should give you the reference to the respective English thread from where you can find the download link.

I will mark this thread therefore as "No Bug".

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will mark this thread therefore as "No Bug".
    I just had the same experience where TV crashes the client app to desktop with the same crash dump as yours. I now set up the attached plugin version to collect more data if it happens again. However, I have TV now up since five hours and nothing happened.

It could be useful if you also exchanged the dll and actively triggered the issue to create an error log with more data to follow up on.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom