MP2 - V2.4 MP2.3 to MP2.4 update - Album art not showing (2 Viewers)

Lardy

Portal Pro
April 16, 2007
Home Country
Australia Australia
Today I updated from MP2.3.0 to MP2.4.0 and everything looks good so far except all Album art is not showing for my Music collection. I did an uninstall of MP2.3.0 and then install of MP2.4.0.

MP2.3.0 was happy to use the Album art stored in the audio tags but MP2.4.0 is not. All my music files are FLAC. I remember I encountered this issue with MP2.3.2 update and rolled back to MP2.3.0.

Can anyone please provide a solution or perhaps where to start my investigation?

Thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, it works here for my flacs, so there is not a general issue.
    Please activate debug logs and upload them here after the import.
    Did you deactivate online sources for the audio import? Can you perhaps share one example file by private message, so I can try to recreate the issue?

Lardy

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I set 'Data to download from online sources' to 'Download nothing' for 'Audio import settings' and then configured Debug logging. I closed MP and stopped the service. I restored my databases from a backup taken before the upgrade and started MP and re-ran the Music import. The Album art is not showing except for the one album where i dropped a folder.jpg into the Album directory as a test.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-12-31-21.08.50.zip
      2 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I created exactly the same folder structure and also set "Download nothing".
    After import of your sample all FanArt and Covers are visible.
    Unbenannt.jpg

I'll compare my logs your yours to see, if there any suspicious differences.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx after the thumbnailProvider gets activated his logs are full of
    [2021-12-31 21:06:22,392] [225208 ] [42 ] [DEBUG] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.Settings.SettingsManager.GetGlobalFilePath(Type settingsType)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.Settings.SettingsManager.LoadSettingsObject(Type settingsType, Boolean useGlobaleScope, Boolean useUserScope)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.Settings.SettingsManager.Load(Type settingsType)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.ServerSettings.ServerSettingsImpl.Load(String settingsTypeName)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.ServerSettings.ServerSettingsImpl.OnLoad(DvAction action, IList`1 inParams, IList`1& outParams, CallContext context)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvAction.FireActionInvoked(IList`1 inParams, IList`1& outParams, CallContext context)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters, IList`1& outParameters, Boolean checkSignature, CallContext context)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.SOAP.SOAPHandler.HandleRequest(DvService service, Stream messageStream, Encoding streamEncoding, Boolean subscriberSupportsUPnP11, CallContext context, String& result)
    Do you have any idea what this causes this and can it be the root cause, that covers are not shown?
    Apart from that his logs look find and I could get the covers directly after import with sample files and same settings.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lardy also you client logs show many settings related issues.
    Can you once stop your server and move the folders "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config" and "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Config" to another location for testing. Does an import still have issues then? There might be very old corrupted settings from old MP2 versions. That could be also the reason why nothing after MP2.3 worked.

Lardy

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I stopped the service and restored the databases. Moved the config folders to a backup location. Started the service and the MP Client.

In MP Client I had to reconnect to the MP Server instance. This bought the Recordings media source back to Online status but all other media sources were Offline. I wasn't sure how to bring the other media sources back online and wasn't sure if we wanted to for this test so I created a new media source for my Music folder and ran an import. It only imported the one new album that was added after the database backup so I assume it skipped the others as they are already present in the database. Anyway the test failed as the new album imported successfully but no Album art has been scraped from the audio tags.

I have now restored the config folders and performed another database restore and everything is back but of course the Album art is still missing.

In regard to very old corrupted settings. This Windows 10 box was built with new hardware and a fresh install of MP 2.3.0. I started out with MP 0.2.3.0 on a Windows XP box many moons ago and moved through the MP 1.x version on a Windows 7 box but none of that was bought over to this server. I started clean with just the Media files.

Thanks.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The logs shows errors from loading server-side settings from the client. One issue is a NullReferenceException when loading unknown settings in server, this can be easily fixed.

The problem comes from TranscodingService. It tries to read numerous settings, which the server does not know, like:

[2021-12-31 21:06:22,364] [16032 ] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - Error loading configuration class 'MediaPortal.Extensions.TranscodingService.Client.Settings.Configuration.HardwareAccelerationSetting'

But those errors should have nothing to do with missing thumbnails.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have reworked the settings loading to avoid errors being logged. The cause for the logged errors is that we are missing Transcoding service in release builds. I also have activated this plugin in release builds now.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But as pointed out before, this has nothing to to with the missing album art...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom