MP2 - V2.4 MP2.3 to MP2.4 update - Album art not showing (1 Viewer)

Lardy

Portal Pro
April 16, 2007
Home Country
Australia Australia
OK I solved the problem.

I ran another import on 2 new albums and this time the Album art was successfully grabbed. I had been messing around prior with restoring AudioMetadataExtractor.dll in both the MP2-Client and MP2-Server directories under 'Program Files (x86)' from my MP2.3.0 backup but the import wasn't working but when I restored the MP2.4.0 versions this time the 2 new albums imported successfully with the Album art. I'm a bit confused about how this part got resolved and I have triple-checked the DLLs are the MP2.4.0 versions so not sure what happened here.

However the successful import then led me to the next discovery that the Fanart for the 2 new albums was being stored in the 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\FanArt' directory. I looked back at my MP2.3.0 backup of the 'ProgramData\Team MediaPortal' directory and the FanArt directory is empty. This suggests to me that MP2.3.0 wasn't caching my Music Fanart. However MP2.4.0 expected the Fanart to exist in the 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\FanArt' and because it didn't exist in that location it wasn't displayed in the MP Client. Next step, in the MP Client I navigated to 'Media sources configuration' and removed the Music folder. I don't know if it was necessary but I then exited the MP Client and restarted the service. I launched MP Client again and re-added the Music media source which triggered an import and now the Album art is showing for all my music.

Thanks to @morpheus_xx and @ge2301 for taking time to look at this for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom