[Finished] [MP2-593] Album info to be governed by track metadata (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i've noticed some issues with tagreader, skin and music info provider.

Screenshot_2.jpg

In this view there are missing infos for Year, Rating and Genre, although these infos are tagged. I assume, that the infos in the screenshot are online infos. IMO Metadata (Tags) should have first priority.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

In View 1 of Cat Stevens online infos of year (1970) and genre (Folk) are displayed. In second, playingnow view the metadata of year (2013) and genre (Rock) are displayed. This is confusing. As i said in #1.: Metadata should have first priority.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The importer strategy is currently reworked and this might already have been captured.

@henso , any comment from your side?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On second thought this might be a pure skin topic:

@ge2301 , View #2 is displaying the tag information from file while view #1 is doing something else. IN my own test music I get the info in view #2 but in view #1 nothing is displayed (I probably didn't load online info). I guess that the code needs adjustment to display tag info in the first place.

Now I don't unterstand the database structure. Do we store both tag info and download details in parallel? If yes, then view #1 would require a code extension to pull downloaded info if meta tags are empty.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 , View #2 is displaying the tag information from file while view #1 is doing something else. IN my own test music I get the info in view #2 but in view #1 nothing is displayed (I probably didn't load online info). I guess that the code needs adjustment to display tag info in the first place.
    I just checked the code, everything is fine on client side. The only difference is, that in album view all parameters' sources are in AudioAlbumAspectWrapper and for tracks in AudioAspectWrapper.
    It can happen, that some tracks of an album have different genres than the album. But In this case I would expect, that all available track genres appear also for the album. This is something that the importer needs to handle I think.

Missing year and genre information is also not a skin issue. It's simply empty in the database, I checked this already.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's getting a little bit confusing now.
    Missing year and genre information is also not a skin issue. It's simply empty in the database, I checked this already.
    • View #2 is displaying Year and Genre - info appears to be read from file tags - but is not showing Composer and Type, although both are stored in the file tags.
    • View #1 displays Year and Genre, but is not taking this info from the tags. If it's not in the database, then where is it coming from?(n)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As a guess I would say that album views are using online info (which has been stored in the DB) and track views are using the tags as strictly speaking you don't tag an album, only individual tracks.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As a guess
    That sounds reasonable to me. Indeed, I believe you are correct when you say that tags can only apply to individual tracks but not to the album in toto. That said, this would then be no bug because online information is what it is.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As a guess I would say that album views are using online info (which has been stored in the DB) and track views are using the tags as strictly speaking you don't tag an album, only individual tracks.
    Yes, i think you are right. But this is confusing and should be changed. In View A the album is Genre Classical, the same album in View B is Genre Jazz. Other albums have multi value tags. My proposal: in each view first priority for tagged metadata.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no tagged metadata at album level, or is there?
    No, but if a track belongs to an album it should not be so difficult.
    An BTW, it is completely unusual to do it so as it is at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom