[Bug] [MP2-633] Client app always opens on primary screen when in window mode (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI.
    I recently added a second monitor to my working PC. Now I wanted MP 2.1 to be shown on this second monitor. This way I can watch TV or Videos or similar while working with my PC. There is a setting to select the "start monitor" in Settings > Appearance but the MP 2.1 Window always opens on the "primary" monitor instead of the "secondary". Only the splash screen is shown on the correct display.

Debug Level logs attached...

Attachments

• Client.zip
      19.2 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is MP2 set to "Fullscreen" when starting?
    Can you please attach your "StartupSettings" from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\user\MediaPortal.UI.Settings.StartupSettings.xml?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is MP2 set to "Fullscreen" when starting?
    No, as this display is 4:3 and we don't have any 4:3 skin up to now. By the way I really would appreciate if we would have one. I could use it on 3 different systems, here, in Bedroom and on my Laptop all have 4:3 displays. I'm no fan of 16:9 computer monitors as 16:9 is nice for watching movies but not that nice if you are writing a letter...

Can you please attach your "StartupSettings"
    Attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.UI.Settings.StartupSettings.zip
      326 bytes

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In fullscreen it is working. But it should work in windowed mode too but doesn't...
    If I'm ending fullscreen mode the window jumps instantly to the other monitor. This is annoying, irritating and a bug, if you ask me.

tlhackque

Portal Member
    June 3, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I also see this with MP2 2.1 pre2. I have 2 16:9 monitors, and run MP2 client in the lower right corner of the secondary monitor (as a small window), "always on top".

If I close the client from that position, re-launching causes it to open in the lower right corner of the primary monitor.

However, note that the (annoying full screen splash screen) appears on the secondary monitor for a few seconds before the client window opens (as expected). So the client knows which monitor it is supposed to use - but (at least in windowed mode) reverts to the primary monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom