[MP2-752] Record-Button not working on the fly (1 Viewer)

Wampus

September 24, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
*** Moved from another thread and edited by Administrator ***

Hello:

Anyhow, I'm having the problem that when I press the record button (on the fly, not scheduled), nothing happens. No recording, no message, no crash, nothing. TV still plays on screen, but absolutely nothing happens when I press record. Is there a fix?

Last edited by a moderator:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am quite sure that this is working: there appears a dialog that ask to record current program or "until stopped".

The question is what kind of input device is used, maybe the button is just not recognized correctly?

Wampus

September 24, 2018
    Home Country
    I am quite sure that this is working: there appears a dialog that ask to record current program or "until stopped".

The question is what kind of input device is used, maybe the button is just not recognized correctly?
    When I tried again today, I did see this message. It had a button after the question, labeled "Record until stopped." Still, no matter what combination therein of clicking, does anything happen. Is there a way to "record on the fly?" I would like to use this platform in order to transcribe VHS media to digital. If it cannot function in this way, then I will seek another software solution.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just checked it myself. You must do something wrong. If you press Record you will be presented with an OSD that offers two options
    • Record 'name of the show' (where 'name of the show' represents the respective name from the EPG, if filled
    • Record until manually stopped
    The first option is already highlighted. Pressing OK on the remote will start the recording process.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Starting a recording should work on the fly. But please give more details for reproducting.
    • Which skin are you using?
    • Are you pressing the record button by mouse in the player controls or hit the record button on your remote (I think first case, just to be sure)?
    One thing is definitely missing and I would call it bug. If you press the record button a second time, there is no option to stop the recording. I've already made a list of recording improvements internally and a dev will hopefully take those points.

Wampus

September 24, 2018
    Home Country
    I updated my profile on the forum in order to display my system specs when posting. However, just in case it doesn't display...
    Dell Precision 3400
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    6GB RAM
    Two 500GB HDDs, SATA
    One u320 SCSI HDD for Windows
    Hauppauge Quad HD/SD/FM/S-vid TV Tuner
    etc.
    Windows 10 skin, MediaPortal 2

I also use an older ATi All-in-wonder FM remote. The problem is that when I select record, most of the time nothing happens, either by clicking with a mouse, or with the record button on the remote. Sometimes, a message appears, stating something to the effect of "Record until stopped." I have that to click on, but still nothing happens, other than the video stream continues in the back ground. I have checked and re-checked all the settings I am able to, and I see nothing better to adjust. I might try using MediaPortal 1 to see if it works better, but I was hoping to use 2, since it offers more features that I was interested in. Other things that work fine on the platform, just to be clear, are the FM tuner, the "TV channel Guide," both HD and SD throughput, CD playback, DVD playback, BDD playback, and any video recordings from other sources play fine.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    a message appears, stating something to the effect of "Record until stopped."
    You should see exactly what I posted above, i.e. two (2) options that you can choose from.

Using the remote you need to press the red Record button, the select the option that you want with the arrow keys and lastly press OK on your remote. However, maybe the remote is not correctly mapped and you would need to use the Input Manager (2.2pre) to map each key to the corresponding function. Ideally you'd be using a fully MCE-compatible remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom