[Finished] [MP2-789] mprovement of Remote support for plugins (MP2) (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Started on: 2013-10-27
    last update: -

Summary:
    Controling Plugin with own shortcuts, Blue/Green/Red/Yellow for Remote are not used anymore !

MP1 related thread : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/improvement-of-remote-support-for-plugins.122504/

Area:
    Aera Remote / Shortcut

Description:

This proposal is a new Feature / Rework for add ability to have plugin mapping setting inside "Mapping" window.
    All plugins : controls( Action) & Window : can be mapped to the remote and no need anymore to use Teletext button, already used for special shortcut ( MyVidéo / MyMusic / ... ) and can be already mapped to many plugins.
    As Atmolight / Auto3D / ....

Ex : Plugin must set public class for Action or GUI Screen, and are available in Remote mapping.
    - [PluginName].[Actions]
    - [PluginName].[GuiWindow]

Also this can easily set defaut software with button.

remotemapping-png.138090

one Jira entry already exist about MovingPicture replacement :
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-1925?jql="External issue ID" ~ "3384"

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    All mappings for MCE remote in MP2 are done inside a xml file. You can find it here: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\MceRemoteReceiver\DefaultRemoteMap.xml" There you can change the mapping to whatever you want. A GUI page to configure this is not planed afaik. We will keep the settings as easy and clean as possible...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    You can find it here: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\MceRemoteReceiver\DefaultRemoteMap.xml"
    my ask is not about GUI mapping. but add ability to have Plugins with dedicated mapping to remote. on MP1 we must set Teletext color for have Action/Gui Window of plugins or create an special keyboard shortcut, and map this shortcut to remote ...

What i mean :
    Example of Atmolight plugins :
    These plugin have 3 remote Action :
    • Start Light
    • Switch profil
    • Gui Context Menu
    you can choose the 4 colors of the Teletexte remote for each Actions and this choice can be in conflict with lot of plugins.

and what i want is : the ability of plugins to allow internal class to be used by remote mapping.

Plugins.Action class
    public Atmolight.StartLight
    public Atmolight.Profil
    public Atmolight.GuiContextMenu

Public.Window class
    public Atmolight.GuiHomeScreen (for now,

no need anymore to have Colored button inside Plugins.

A GUI page to configure this is not planed afaik.
    IRSS is already compatible with MP2, we need to have only the "Plugin class" read from MP2.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Shortcuts can be defined by any plugin and can reference both WorkflowState and WorkflowActions.

An example you find here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ia/Skin/default/shortcuts/Media-shortcuts.xml, i.e. the "Red" key is mapped to switch to fullscreen
    XML:
    <!-- Name="*->FullscreenContent" -->
    <Shortcut Key="P:F,S:Red" WorkflowAction="9C3E6701-6856-49ec-A4CD-0CEB15F385F6" />

You could extend the inbuilt shortcuts or even add an own plugin to register new shortcuts. MP2 is much more flexible than MP1.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i'm not to understand how it work...

my proposal is maybe young, but as no plugin are available for MP2 (from external dev)

if i understand, the plugin dev, make itself the condition & the Shortcut in his plugin ?

i'm sorry Morpheus, is verry hard for me to understand :(, maybe more easy when i look MP2 code ...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but as no plugin are available for MP2 (from external dev)
    All main features are plugins ;) And you can find OnlineVideos, WebRadio, Cinema plugins and others (like CEC remote). So there is actually a code base for using as template.

The plugin dev can define actions (WorkflowActions) and "screens" (WorkflowStates) and add shortcuts to them via shortcuts.xml file. Additionally a skin dev can also add KeyBindings in single screens (i.e. I use "Enter" to open MiniGuide in TvFullscreen).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Input Device Manager has been completely reworked and is now capable of consuming HID input. In other words, every HID device will now work in MP2. :)

Different input devices can now be individually configured to map MP2 commands and screens function (e.g. Movies or TV) to a key (combination) on the device.

This will be rolled out with MP 2.2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom