[fixed] [MP2-831] 12h time format shown in TV Guide with Swedish language settings (1 Viewer)

melstig

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
Umea
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.3

Description
Hi,
Even though I have configured Swedish regional settings, the TV Guide is still using 12h AM/PM format. In Sweden we are using 24h format without AM/PM and My opinion is that the TV Guide should follow the time format for the selected country.

View attachment 203710

Steps to Reproduce:
Configue Language settings to 'Swedish(Sweden)', long time format ('T'), long date format ('D').
In the TV Guide the timeline are using AM/PM.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-16_10-50-59.png
    upload_2020-1-16_10-50-59.png
    346.9 KB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-01-16-11.03.58.zip
    5.8 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Even though I have configured Swedish regional settings
    Interesting. I have DE and the Guide displays time in the 24h format (my time setting is "t" though).

Have you restarted the client? Some changes in settings require a restart of the client app. That said, we know that the time display in the Guide is not controlled by the t/T setting but appears to be hard-coded.

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have you restarted the client? Some changes in settings require a restart of the client app. That said, we know that the time display in the Guide is not controlled by the t/T setting but appears to be hard-coded.

I have restarted the system multiple times with the same result. I just tried German language with the same result also. Changed to "t" and "d" and AM/PM still there.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tried German language with the same result also.
    I am the living proof of a working situation.:) So it is probably not directly related to MP2.

What are you regional Windows settings? How do you display date and time in Windows?

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What are you regional Windows settings? How do you display date and time in Windows?

I agree that it is really strange, Windows regional settings are all Swedish with 24h format.

Wonder from where the TV Guide gets it's settings from?

Must get back to work now, will look into this more this weekend. :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wonder from where the TV Guide gets it's settings from?
    Yeah, so do @ge2301 and I. We have had similar discussions with somebody else from Scandinavia, if I remember correctly from Finland. Time display was OK, but he wanted the display to look again differently. What we know is that the t/T-settings do not apply to the FullGuide time display but instead Windows localized info is pulled.

I admit that I didn't take it too seriously given that the display works OK for me. Are you using Win 10 Pro or Enterprise? The log says Enterprise but I believe that this is a Microsoft bug that wrongly returns the Windows version.

One other thing: Now that I have finally identified a Swedish MP2 user, I would be keen on getting your support for the Swedish TV channel logos. Is there anything missing, wrong, etc.? We have a dedicated thread for such discussions: MP2 TV Logo Management

Last edited:

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are you using Win 10 Pro or Enterprise? The log says Enterprise but I believe that this is a Microsoft bug that wrongly returns the Windows version.

I am in fact running Windows 10 Enterprise so that is correct.

I can of course give feedback in that thread with my findings, I'm glad to help with what I can as a MP user for many years. :)

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    On my system I have installed the English OS version of Windows 10 Enterprise with Swedish regional settings and formats. @HTPCSourcer could it be that You are running a German OS version of Windows 10 and this could be what differ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On my system I have installed the English OS version of Windows 10 Enterprise
    OK, that's the source of what you see. I tried changing the time on my German Windows and while MP2 reacts everywhere to it, the time display of the Guide is keeping the standard German time fomat.

Conclusion: The time display in the TV Guide is hard-coded and uses the language of the OS. Unfortunately there is no immediate cure but we will investigate.

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great, at least the route cause seems to be pinpointed so perhaps there will be solved in future releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom