[fixed] [MP2-833] 2.2.2 server crash during import (1 Viewer)

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    MP2 Version
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.2

Description
    Just had the first server service crash on 2.2.2. Happened shortly after starting a manual import on series. This is on a server only installation upgraded from 2.2.1 yesterday.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Add some movies and series, run manual import on series, wait for server service crash.

Attachments

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The SQLite error stems from a zero index for the Breaking Bad episodes - @henso, could you kindly take a look at the logs about these warning messages?

The server crash is due to a ntdll.dll error (called by MP2), which you probably saw yourself. My own imports work ok, hence I don’t think that there is a systematic MP problem. Is this reproducible?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @henso: Still the same SQLite errors
    [2019-07-10 08:37:48,491] [61635985] [31 ] [ERROR] - MediaLibrary: Error adding or updating media item(s) in path '{03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////SPACEKATT/TV/The Simpsons/28/The Simpsons - 28x06 - There Will Be Buds.mkv'
    code = Constraint (19), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800027AF): constraint failed
    FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at MediaPortal.Backend.Services.MediaLibrary.MIA_Management.InsertOrUpdateManyToManyMIAAttributeValue(ITransaction transaction, AttributeSpecification spec, Guid mediaItemId, Object value, Int32 order)
    at MediaPortal.Backend.Services.MediaLibrary.MIA_Management.InsertOrUpdateManyToManyMIAAttributeValues(ITransaction transaction, AttributeSpecification spec, Guid mediaItemId, IEnumerable values, Boolean insert)
    at MediaPortal.Backend.Services.MediaLibrary.MIA_Management.AddOrUpdateMIA(ITransaction transaction, Guid mediaItemId, MediaItemAspect mia, Boolean add)
    at MediaPortal.Backend.Services.MediaLibrary.MediaLibrary.AddOrUpdateMediaItem(ISQLDatabase database, ITransaction transaction, MediaItemAspect pra, Guid mediaItemId, IEnumerable`1 mediaItemAspects, Boolean wasCreated)
    at MediaPortal.Backend.Services.MediaLibrary.MediaLibrary.AddOrUpdateMediaItem(ISQLDatabase database, ITransaction transaction, Guid parentDirectoryId, String systemId, ResourcePath path, Nullable`1 existingMediaItemId, Nullable`1 newMediaItemId, IEnumerable`1 mediaItemAspects, Boolean isRefresh)

@morpheus_xx , the server crash happens because of a "No configuration store was found" issue, which I have never seen before:
    = Exception Information
    == Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory' threw an exception. ---> Gentle.Common.GentleException: FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found!
    Gentle is unable to continue!

The handlers emitted the following error messages:
    Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\MP2-Server.exe.Config".

The handlers threw the following exceptions:

at Gentle.Common.Configurator.InitializeHandlers()
    at Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(String configStoreName, Object instance)
    at Gentle.Framework.ProviderRegistry..ctor()
    at Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory..cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory.GetProvider(Type type)
    at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveList[T](Key key, IList`1 result)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.SlimTvService.FixupServer()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.SlimTvService.InitTvCore()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.AbstractSlimTvService.InitAsync()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.AbstractSlimTvService.Receive(SystemMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.Messaging.MessageBroker.Send(String channelName, SystemMessage msg)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Runtime.SystemMessaging.SendSystemStateChangeMessage(SystemState newState)
    at MediaPortal.Server.ApplicationLauncher.Start()
    Message: The type initializer for 'Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory' threw an exception.
    Site : Gentle.Framework.IGentleProvider GetProvider(System.Type)
    Source : Gentle.Framework
    == Inner Exception(s):
    FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found!
    Gentle is unable to continue!

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    @henso: Still the same SQLite errors
    I tried to import a shallow clone I have of his movies with the same settings he listen in another thread. I got no errors so can't say what the issue is without a more detailed description of what was done. Maybe try a test on an empty database?

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I haven't seen the service crash since updating the MediaInfo dll but I am not sure the issues are related yet. The importer glitches had the importer hanging requiring terminating MP2-server.exe, this issue has MP2-server.exe terminating by itself. I have been setting MP2 service to recover for several years now due to intermittent crashes and tend to forget about it till I do an upgrade which changes the service settings resulting in me seeing the service down during troubleshooting. I suppose this will be a time will tell issue. Fortunately I setup SNMP monitoring of the MP2-server.exe process recently so I will have some easy logs of any failures even with an auto recovery setup in the service.

Users who are viewing this thread