MP2 advanced configure exe......lacking!! (1 Viewer)

mashipx

Portal Member
July 30, 2007
could really do with a dedicated exe for advance configure of MP2, like MP1. I know you've created the gui to access basic configure options but imho it's not enough. For example I'm unable to use and configure event ghost to work with my remote thru MP2 as I can't reconfigure key/button numbers to suit my remote. I can't password certain video folders to stop my children accessing the adult rated films, I can't install and configure 3rd party video/audio codecs to suit my video card. Surely there must be a way for advanced users of MP to access more settings.... Just a though!!. For now it looks like I'm going back to MP1 until I can do more with MP2. It might be slick and faster than MP1, but for now the trade off isn't worth it, sorry

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For example I'm unable to use and configure event ghost to work with my remote thru MP2 as I can't reconfigure key/button numbers to suit my remote
    A "beta" version of a input manager plugin is already available: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plugin-inputdevice-manager-for-mp2.132254/

could really do with a dedicated exe for advance configure of MP2, like MP1
    Here opinions are different. I prefer everything in GUI (as WMC) without external configuration, which would demand a mouse.

Surely there must be a way for advanced users of MP to access more settings....
    Here I agree. The settings are too basic. I'd like to have also an advanced button for several setting categories. But everything in GUI! Standard user won't press the advanced button, so there is no risk to overload them. Also skin settings need to be extended. Tastes are different when it comes to designs, so in order to reach the majoraty of people the degree of adjustability could be larger.

mashipx

Portal Member
    July 30, 2007
    Thnx for the reply regarding beta input plugin... it works great for the actual buttons that work on the remote. but i have buttons that MP doesnt recognise, so event ghost converts them to key strokes. So maybe a messaging plugin like we see in MP1 would be a great asset.
    Just realised i propably put my rant in the wrong catagory... sorry bout that. but advanced config is a must and the ability to password media folders to stop young eyes viewing adult material of any nature. for me its one of the best media control features of MP1. please bring it back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom