MP2 Alpha 2 - Pre-Release testing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal 2 Alpha 2 Release!

Finally we reached the Alpha 2 state of MediaPortal 2 :) There are so many improvements since the original Alpha 1 release that I can't list them all here. For a detailed change list please take a look at our bug tracker: http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/roadmap_page.php?version_id=126

To avoid confusions about the releases and their names take a look at this list:
    • Alpha 1 Release (2012/03)
      • Alpha 1 Easter Build (2012/04)
      • Alpha 1 Autumn Release (2012/11)
      • Alpha 1 Winter Release (2013/02)
    • Alpha 2 Release (now)
    So generally speaking, the "seasonal" releases were interim builds on our way to Alpha 2. In future there will be no (or not many) interim releases, but I expect Alpha 3, Beta, RC and a first Final Release of MP2 this year!

If you are new to MP2 you should take a look at the latest blog post here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/team-blog/extensible.

Extended architecture:
    The core component of MP2, the MP2-Server, now runs as service in background, without GUI. There is a new so called "MP2 Service Monitor" that allows controlling the service and having an overview about clients.

With this service we introduced some new settings to control, how the service accesses your local network. Please take a look at this wiki page for more information about this topic: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?title=2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/0_What%27s_New/Alpha_2/Network_access

New Plugins:
    This time MP2 already ships with the well-known OnlineVideos plugin (thanks @offbyone!).

Remote Support:
    If you have a MCE remote, you will find it supported out-of-the-box. If you are a IRSS user: no worry, it will still work with MP2.

So feel free to be one of the first users who can test this brand new release! We publish the "candidate build" here one week before it will be available all over the world. This should bring us some more testing than we could manage ourselves. We appreciate any feedback and also bug reports (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/submit-bug-reports.532/)

Download:
    This pre-release is attached directly to this post. It will be removed in about 1 week, when the Alpha 2 is finally published! :)

Happy testing!

Edit 2013-06-03:

There were already some requests about TV support in MP2. You have 2 ways to get TV working:
    1) The solid one using the SlimTV-MPExtended (0.50) provider. This version connects to an installed MP1-TvServer+configured MPExtended service (this means you have them installed on a computer in your network, not required on local PC!)

2) The fresh but still experimental "Native" version. This build is based on the new "TVE3.5" core and is hosted directly inside MP2-Server as a plugin. You cannot run MP1-TvServer and this plugin on same computer concurrently!

So you have the choice: you can either take 1) or 2), trying both of them concurrently will fail: there can be only one!

You need to download the preferred plugins from the attachment here and extract them into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal" folder. The archives contain matching paths to place required plugins into server and client.

After extraction, restart the MP2-Service!

If you chose the way 2) you need to make a channel scan with the supplied: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service\SetupTv\SetupTV.exe"

We are working on our wiki to provide a more help how to install and use those plugins!

Edit 2013-06-12:

I removed the Pre-Release download from this topic. It's nice to see 372 downloads in this short time! Now you are safe to install also the official final Alpha 2 Release! There were changes to OnlineVideos plugin, so you should update!

Attachments

• SlimTV-Native.7z
      7.8 MB
    • SlimTV-MPExtended.7z
      4.3 MB
    Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just tried the latest version and I get the same problem as with earlier releases:(. My Driver Bender(DB) shares do not show so I can't import any media, normal shares on the same computer displays. MP2 Service is running with admin credentials. No other software have problems to see the DB shares.

It was little interest in this problem the last time I posted about it after the previous release. Since then I have moved the server disks to my new HTPC and recreated the DB shares there.

Do anyone take a look this time? A dev can get access with e.g. TeamViewer.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We want to solve this issue with Driver Bender. I did a test installation some time ago and could access the shares. But I have no real idea if I did it right.

I will take your offer to look at you system by TeamViewer, but this can happen from next monday on (vacation :D). Please start meanwhile a but report thread, so it won't be forgotten.

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    For all who are interested in TV support, I've added two plugins and description to first post!

Another question:
    Is there a way to set a higher timeout for network discovery? When i try to add a network share MP only finds 2 of the 3 PCs in my LAN. In Windows Explorer the third is shown a few seconds after the others, so i guess it is a timeout problem.
    If this is not yet possible, what about manually adding shares (manual path, without discovery)?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks. I will post a report for now.

I'm about to have a second kid so I will maybe be off the map next week, just so you know.

Enjoy you vacation.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Morph,

is there a way to get mdapi running with slimtv nativ?

Last edited:

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

Already installed a version of MP2 few months ago, but don't remember which one. Where can I find this piece of information?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom