MP2 Alpha 4 - No network locations shown when adding shares (1 Viewer)

Neff

Portal Member
February 22, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm guessing this must be me rather than a MP2 issue as so many people are using MP2 successfully.

I'm trying to set up MP2 for a test (client and server on same HTPC machine) and I want to connect to my NAS where all my media is so I'm trying to add some network shares but when I do there is nothing listed at all for network devices, just a blank list.

From the windows 7 desktop I can see other network devices in in the network view. I tried changing the MP2 service log on ID to match the desktop user and still I can't see any network devices.

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Neff,
please post your logs, some screenshots, this makes it easier for us to help you.

Neff

Portal Member
February 22, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I hadn't had a chance to go back and get the screen grabs, then when I did it worked!!! Listed the machines in the network fine. I'm afraid it's going to have to be one of the "I've no idea why" things.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got the same problem :(

I read the wiki and it seems fairly simple.

On my PC (10.0.0.154) I have running both MP2-Client as MP2-Server.
    All the media is located at my NAS (10.0.0.20).
    So no router or firewall is located between them, when I try to browse the NAS directly from the PC everything goes fine after giving in the credentials.

I added the credentials (server settings) which can be used for browsing and reading the files on the NAS.

Different scenarios I tried.
    1. When I uncheck "use credentials of interactive sessions on server" in the server-settings - Network credentials and only check "Use username and password to access network" then no network places (servers/nas) will show up when browsing for adding a share.
    2. When I only check "use credentials of interactive sessions on server" in the server-settings - Network credentials and uncheck "Use username and password to access network" then different network places (servers/nas) are found, but I'm unable to browse any of them.
    3. When I have both options checked, I can see the different network places, but I'm still unable to browse any of them.

Included is the part of the log (MP2-Client) when trying to browse the NAS.
    In the server log, there are only a couple of lines:
    Code:
    [2013-12-28 16:52:32,758] [4972667] [25       ] [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP header line '''
    [2013-12-28 16:53:32,957] [5032866] [5        ] [DEBUG] - SSDPServerController: Problem parsing incoming packet at IP endpoint '10.0.0.154'. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP header line '''
    [2013-12-28 16:53:32,957] [5032866] [26       ] [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP header line '''
    [2013-12-28 16:53:32,960] [5032869] [26       ] [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP header line '''
    [2013-12-28 16:54:03,977] [5063887] [50       ] [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP header line '''

Attachments

• MP2Client.txt
      12.4 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The complete logs would be helpful.
    Also, do you have shares setup on the nas and if you open the Windows Network, does it see the NAS and by what name?
    There is so little information it is hard to help.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The complete logs would be helpful.
    Also, do you have shares setup on the nas and if you open the Windows Network, does it see the NAS and by what name?
    There is so little information it is hard to help.

My NAS is named Gimli and shows up in Windows network neighborhood, however to see the shares I have to use the account on the NAS (see attached image).
    I use the exact same credentials within MP2 (attached image), unfortunately no devices show up (atteched image).

I deleted the logs, started the service and then started MP2, filled in the credentials and try to add the shares. Complete logs are attached.

Thanks for your help, if there is anything else I can test or provide, please let me know.

EDIT:
    I managed to browse the shares, I changed the "Log On" settings of the service from "Local System Account" to the user I normally use. However browsing the shares takes about a minute before actually showing the shares or folders, this is for every level. (i.e. opening Gimli takes about a minute, within Gimli there is a share named Media, when opening this share, it will also take about a minute etc.)

upload_2013-12-28_19-8-1.png

However I'm wondering which credentials are used or why it is working now, cause the user/pass combination which is used to run the server is not the same as the user/pass combination for the NAS.

I got the idea from this thread and they seem to strumble upon the same problems.

EDIT2:
    Added server2.log and client2.log, adding/indexing the media goes very, very slow, maybe the same delays I experienced when browshing the shares?

The only line I often see is, but no idea if this is causing the wait-times.
    Code:
    [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP header line '''

Attachments

• Network_Neighborhood.PNG
      Network_Neighborhood.PNG
      36.4 KB
    • No-Shares.PNG
      No-Shares.PNG
      348.9 KB
    • Server-Settings.PNG
      Server-Settings.PNG
      126.1 KB
    Last edited:

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @BlackBurn , I posted a check tool for analyze of network accessing issues in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iver-bender-shares.119441/page-2#post-1053198

Please test it as well and post your findings in this thread

Crap, I just re-installed my desktop last weekend, so the results are not the same as they would be at my previous installation.
    However there is something positive about this.
    • In the new situation, I checked only "use username & password to access the network" (screenshot server-settings previous post).
    • I did not change the credentials of the service.
    • It takes a while (30sec - 1min) before I see my different resources (servers/nas).
    • When the resources are found, browsing them is relatively fast.
    • There is nothing changed on the NAS side (only some new content is added).
    • Both installations where Windows 8.1 Professional x64 (although the previous was due an update 8 -> 8.1)
    With this in mind we can conclude that the slow browsing problem was caused on the desktop side, this desktop is running both mp2-server and mp2-client.

I don't know if it is worth anything, but I included the output of the tool and the logging of the freshly installed MP2 Alpha4, where the shares are added.

Code:
    D:\Downloads\NetEnumTest>NetEnumTest gimli
    Enumerating shares of server 'gimli'
    Type:   IPC, Special IsFS: False UNC: \\GIMLI\IPC$
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\web
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\video
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\Uploads
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\software
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\public
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\photo
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\music
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\media
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\homes
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\downloads
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\divers
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\crashplan
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\backups
    Type:           Disk IsFS:  True UNC: \\GIMLI\home
    p.s. this tool was extremely fast, gathering all the shares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom