MP2 Audio disallows timeshifting. (1 Viewer)

BjornPadding

Portal Member
January 23, 2007
Catalunya
After a lot of tampering I believe this to be a bug of mediaportal.

There are some channels in this country that send mp2 audio.

The following don't work:
MP2 Mono 96kbps
MP2 Stereo 128kpbs

I am using ffdshow as audio decoder and have to set mp1 and mp2 IDs to use mp3lib. If I use libav codec there is no sound and on aud-X there is speededup sound with intervals. Other than AC3Filter, none other codec is able to decode these streams in mediaportal.

To be able to give you guys something concrete; below is the audio file capture from a graph that I made using ts sink buffer (I trimmed the 0 bytes alloced by ts sink buffer). That stream comes directly from the mpeg2 multiplexer without any filter inbetween. Its the Mono 96kbps stream.

Watching TV without timeshifting and then changing from any other channel to these channels using mp2 streams takes about 5 seconds, while other channels work almost instantly.
Then when enabling timeshifting the selecting these channels just makes the stream hang and am unable to continue watching the channel unless I first change to another channel.

I hope thats enough info for you guys, please let me know if you need more.

Kind regards,
Bjorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
N [fixed] [MP2-786] Cannot play audio playlist with >=1000 entries 2.2 Archive 36
ge2301 [WiP] [MP2-785] Separate un-/mute entry from other entries in audio track list MediaPortal 2 20
C [solved] MP2 - How do I switch off Audio Description? General 19
azzuro [Help Me!] MP2 - No audio - Azzuro MediaPortal 2 0
A MP2 - V2.1 MP2 suddenly stops working while playing audio / Crash inside FreeType Older releases 14
BlueMax1916 [solved] Question about MP2 dynamic refresh rate mapping and audio output MediaPortal 2 3
H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 2
H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 58
F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
catalpa Bug MP2-837 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
ge2301 Android based client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 3
R MP2 GUI Issues General 7
P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
Lichloathe MP2 importing keyart instead of poster General 0
Lichloathe Trakt for MP2 question General 7
C Streaming/transcoding MP2 vs MP1? General 1
P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
C Streaming to clients over Wifi. MP1 or MP2? Newcomers Forum 0
CyberSimian MP2 synchronising of stoptime MediaPortal 1 Talk 5
M Initial Setup MP2 (On Wndows 10) General 2