MP2 client not connecting to server (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have today installed MP2 to try it out. I installed a server / client set-up on my laptop, looks really nice, and I got the TV server up and running with a USB DVB-T2 tuner really quickly (y)

I then installed the client only on a HTPC in the bedroom, and it just will not see or connect to the server on my laptop. I have tried everything I can think of, but now I am stuck. I attach logs from both the laptop where the server and client are installed, and from the HTPC where just the client is installed.

Thanks

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does this client run in the same network segment as the server? UPnP uses multicasts which only work inside same subnet.

Besides this, are there any firewall / antivirus programs running which you might try to disable?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Does this client run in the same network segment as the server? UPnP uses multicasts which only work inside same subnet.

Besides this, are there any firewall / antivirus programs running which you might try to disable?
    Hi. All on one home network. I tried temporarily turning off the firewall and anti-virus on both machines, it made no difference.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi again.

I now have MP2 server and client installed on the bedroom HTPC and have added a USB tuner, and it is working really well for live TV, as a standalone machine. However, the original problem is still present, that I can't get any other client machines to connect to it.

Now, I have just tried to add an import path to my server, (a stand alone machine on the same network) to add some other video content, and it doesn't seem to complete. I can browse the server fine, and select the path to the content I want to import but the actual content never appears. On the home screen in the top right corner, just to the left of the clock it says 0% and a spinning circle of two arrows, that never moves from 0%.

Any ideas?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom