MP2 Client - Server Set Up does not work! (1 Viewer)

Forum-User

Banned Users
November 13, 2013
Home Country
England England
I have been using MP1 with no issues for many years. I tried setting up a client - server version of MP2 and it simply doesn't work. None of the clients can see / discover the Server no matter what I do with firewall disabling / configuring and all the usual Microsoft network black art I have learned over the years plus the suggestions on this forum. Even the PC with the server - client configuration loaded cannot link properly to the media on that machine, cannot configure MPTV correctly etc.

I have wasted several hours on it and had enough and going back to MP1. I recommend the same to all other MP1 users, Please developers, I know its free but can't you get this problem solved or at least post a coherent troubleshooting post!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have wasted several hours on it and had enough and going back to MP1
    For other users it works, so seems to be a specific problem on our system and not a bug. Specific problems need specific information, log files. As you spent several hours you should have seen this as well in forum ;)

I recommend the same to all other MP1 users
    I wonder why you ask for help, if you already took a decision, that you can recommend to others ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom