MP2 Compiled download (1 Viewer)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys is it possible to download the source and a compiled solution from someone. Because for the life of me I cannot get it to work and I would love to start working on a plugin.

Please if any one has had a good run, share :D

Thanks

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: MP2 Compiled download

What's the problem? Would be better if you'd get it running if you want to write a plugin... :)

Everything I try to open it with wants to convert it. Would like to have it working with VS express 10. Converting just screws it up.

fjmalan

Portal Member
    August 9, 2009
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Re: AW: MP2 Compiled download

Hi Quarter

If you just wanna build the server / client

make copies of MP2\MediaPortal\Build\MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Client.bat & MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Server.bat
    & replace /property:Configuration=Release to /property:Configuration=Debug in both files

then just run them.

What's the problem? Would be better if you'd get it running if you want to write a plugin... :)

Everything I try to open it with wants to convert it. Would like to have it working with VS express 10. Converting just screws it up.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP2 Compiled download

Yes, the solution suggested by fjmalan should work. But even a conversion from our VS 2008 solution to VS 2010 format shouldn't break it. Just make sure that you follow the tips in the Wiki for compiling MP2 (don't use the same working copy for both server & client etc.)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok just tried, Got the server working I think. But when I start the client it closes and nothing more happens.

I have the client rebuild report.

Attachments

• VS2008_Build_Report_Release_x86.txt
      7.3 KB

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Logfiles is a bit of a problem since I still haven't compiled a working copy. Unless there are files hidden from me. It's all pretty frustrating I can build my own projects and run them fine, When it comes to MP 2 I'm lost.

'When I first load the sln I get a lot of errors about not being able to load .csproj files and are just faded out. Not sure what I'm meant to do with this.

I can still get a successful build in debug but it doesn't run properly.

Thanks

Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The logfile are under /ProgramData/Team MediaPortaL/MPClient (more or less). I'm sure the problem is some sort of exception or error being thrown and the log will have all the relevant information.

When using the Express versions you can just delete the greyed out folders or ignore the messages that come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom