MP2 Configuration fails to start. Connection refused by local computer. (1 Viewer)

Pita T

December 13, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Background:
I am a newbie to most of this HTPC stuff. I have been running WMC since some time in 2014 not because it was a great product, but because it worked with my tuner cards without a hitch.

Now that WMC is going away, I am looking for an alternative. I have tried a combination of setups which have all failed on some front (Kodi/ArgusTV, Kodi/NextPVR, Kodi/WMC). I am trying Media Portal since both client and server side code is created by the same development team. I am optimistic this will provide a better user experience. (and so far it has).

During the server side install, I ran into the same error message below. I found a post which listed a bunch of firewall setting command to run from the command line. That script PLUS going into control panel -> System & Security -> Windows Firewall->Allow an app through Windows Firewall, resolved the first encounter.

After resolving the server side issue, I have been able to setup the client establish connectivity, and start working on enabling functionality for each of the medias (TV, Movies, Music, etc.). During configuration I enabled Power Scheduler, and after the reboot, the error was back. This leads me to believe there is another firewall setting somewhere that is out of whack. Even running as administrator with the firewalls off, results in the same error.

upload_2015-12-14_8-51-52.png

Pita T

December 13, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks Breese! That seemed to do the trick.

.Net was installed, and I reinstalled VC 2008, when attempting to install VC2010, there was already a later version installed.I uninstalled the later components that were installed and re-installed from the provided link. Then I installed VC 2013.

Now, back to setting up the rest of the server/client features.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom