MP2 development - almost alpha state (1 Viewer)

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Will MP2 connect to more then one TV-Server?
Currently there is no new TV Server so this is mainly a question whether TV plugins support multiple tv server.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Albert:

2 questions:

1) Can MP2 connect to the MP1 TV-Server? Or is TV not working when MP2 is alpha?
    2) I know it ready when it's ready but what is the goal when MP2 gets alpha? Mantis says 2016 :D

Greetings,

Wouter

Forky_05

July 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Sounds very tasty. I only discovered Mediaportal about 4-5 months ago, but I love it. So any developments are great.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is a plugin named SlimTv in the incubator, that is able to provide TV support by connecting Tve3 via Tv4Home. It already supports EPG and also PiP : -)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP2 development - almost alpha state

1) Can MP2 connect to the MP1 TV-Server? Or is TV not working when MP2 is alpha?
    2) I know it ready when it's ready but what is the goal when MP2 gets alpha? Mantis says 2016 :D

1) The standard set of plugins which is shipped in the alpha version won't contain a connector to the MP1 TV-Engine. But there's already a connector plugin present in the "Incubator" part of MP2, so it's already possible to connect. Only the plugin must be compiled "by hand".
    2) Basically, the system is almost ready for an alpha version, but we need to have a better skin and some functional extensions before we can release. There's no fixed date yet, but I hope it can be late 2011 or early 2012.

But you don't need to wait for the alpha version:
    In the MP2 world, you can always build a stable version from the "master" branch and you can include as many of the incubator plugins as you want. So you can always build your personal MP2 configuration.

Btw: We're happy for every donation we get :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP2 development - almost alpha state

Can some moderator move the plugin development related posts from Mike Lowrey to a new thread? It's easier to follow a single thread about the questions...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP2 development - almost alpha state

Will MP2 connect to more then one TV-Server?

This is a good question! I see no reason why not to allow this. I built the SlimTV client in a flexible way, it's easy to make the TV provider able to use more servers.

I think I will implement this feature very soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom