MP2 does not play live TV always especially after wakeup (1 Viewer)

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello to all,

I am using MediaPortal2 for more than a year and a half. Although I can usually watch real time TV, I can schedule recordings and I can use time-shifting with no problems, but I frequently face the following two problems:

1) The mp2 program loads ok, I can navigate through EPG, but, the live TV does not start to either watch or to record a TV program. By making some tests, I found that if I start manually the AverMediaCenter TV application that came with the TV Tuner and, close that application after the live TV starts (it starts always) and consequently start mp2, then mp2 starts live TV normally. This problem appears more frequently after wake up from sleep.

2) After wake up from sleep the service is stopped, the icon in the task bar appears red. I have to manually start the service for mp2 to work again. This problem appears independently from the above problem No.1.

My PC configuration is:

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4,

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K,

RAM: 16GB,

Graphics: RADEON RX460,

TV TUNER: AverMedia A825,

Thank you very much in advance for dealing with my problem.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Checking the forum I found some infos. Hope they help:
    • If used, do following in the TV Server PowerScheduler plugin:
      • Enable expert mode (general tab)
      • On the advanced tab, enable "reinitialize TV controller on wakeup (also reinitializes tuner)"
    • In the general section of TV Server configuration, increase the "delay in seconds before TVServer detects cards" until you don't experience the problem any more; you may need to go up to 60 seconds or even more...

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thank you very much for your immediate response.

The option in the TV Server PowerScheduler plugin, expert mode, was already enabled.

But, the "delay in seconds before TVServer detects cards" was left to the value of Zero! I set it to the value of 45, I will test it for 2 - 3 days and I will inform you about the results.

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thank you very much Mr. ge2301, for your help.

Everything seems to work as expected during the last three days, after I set the "delay in seconds before TVServer detects cards" to the value of 50 (in the general section of TV Server configuration).

The problem has been solved.

Thank you very much again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom