MP2 GUI Issues (1 Viewer)

redfoot0

Portal Member
September 14, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I've recently switched MP1 to MP2 2.2.3 as I thought it's a newer product and would hence be better. So far not so - I'm having issues with the GUI no matter which skin or theme I use..
When I select TV, it launches TV the first time but if I navigate through the GUI again and want to go back to TV, I select TV but it displays the guide (without channel numbers) instead - if I select a channel it won't show me the channel - it just keeps the guide on the screen. The only way to get back to watching TV is going to TV Guide and then selecting a show from there.
Also, when watching TV and I press OK on my remote to bring up the onscreen display for quick channel switching (mini guide), it does not centre on the channel I'm watching, it always focuses on the first channel no matter which channel I'm currently watching.

Are these general bugs or is there something I need to configure to solve these issues?

Thanks
Ross

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I select TV, it launches TV the first time but if I navigate through the GUI again and want to go back to TV, I select TV but it displays the guide (without channel numbers) instead - if I select a channel it won't show me the channel - it just keeps the guide on the screen. The only way to get back to watching TV is going to TV Guide and then selecting a show from there.
    Sorry, I can not follow. Could you add a screenshot of the screen you are talking about.

Also, when watching TV and I press OK on my remote to bring up the onscreen display for quick channel switching (mini guide), it does not centre on the channel I'm watching, it always focuses on the first channel no matter which channel I'm currently watching.
    I can not test older versions, but in MP2.3 (not released yet) this is working properly, focus in MiniEPG is always on the running channel.
    It could be, that it was really a bug and fixed meanwhile. MP2.3 will be released soon, so you won't need to wait long time.

Are these general bugs or is there something I need to configure to solve these issues?
    Just as remark. MP2 is not based on MP1 and neither an update of it. Mostly people expect MP2 working as MP1, but this won't be the case.
    Some people as me, have never used MP1.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    IMHO if you are using MP mainly for watching/recording TV then I would stick with V1, MP2 has horrible (apparently unfixable) navigational issues...Seems to work great in all other areas though.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Don't know if it's been fixed since I last tried MP2, but it's an issue you raised yourself a while ago Here

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @404 , I was a little bit irritated by your general verdict where one issue (MP2-704) is synonym of broad troubles. Something that is clearly not the case. Besides we now have a work-around.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Where did you get the impression that I was implying broad troubles? just navigational issues on the PVR side of things which you also found confusing and irritating enough to bring up twice in the same thread, I mentioned in my post 'seems to work great in other areas though' so my 'general verdict' is really not that bad, anyway I really would have loved to give MP2 a proper testing as it does seem much improved in other areas but that issue is a no-go for me.
    It's no problem I'll stick with MP1 and maybe try again in a while...And please don't get irritated by one negative comment, stuff can't be fixed if no-one brings up the problems.

Regards...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom