MP2 Importer shows nothing (1 Viewer)

Chuckyy

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I installed Mediaportal 2 and it seems that the importer is not working correctly.

Long Story:
Installed Mediaportal 2. Installation went fine. Mediaportal starts. I configured some network shares like this \\10.0.0.1\TVSeries. I set the according Import Options (contains series). Now if I open "series" in Home Screen. Nothing shows up. I switched view from "library view" to "folder view". In "folder view" I can see folders of the given network share but only folders. I can't see a single file. There are lots of .mkv and .avi files! Now I am desperately trying to figure out whats wrong.

I assume that access to network share is not a problem because I can see folders. I can access the network share from Windows Explorer with no problem.

I set LogLevels to "ALL". Client and Server Error Logs are almost empty. Nothing helpful.

I have checked the MP-Folders "TheMovieDB" and "TvDV". There are XML-Files. But no "matches" are listed.

Just to clarify: I tried this with Series and Movies. Nothing works.

If anybody wants to help me, I can offer a remote desktop session.

My Operating System: Windows10 64bit

Cheers, Chuckyy

EDIT: I attached a log extract of the ImporterWorkers work

Attachments

• ImporterWorker.txt
    12.5 KB
Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I am desperately trying to figure out whats wrong.
    Did you enter the credentials to access your network drives? You need to do so in MP2-Client. Go to Settings - Server Settings. Here you need to add the credentials and then trigger a re- import. Now your movies and series should be imported.

Chuckyy

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I am desperately trying to figure out whats wrong.
    Did you enter the credentials to access your network drives? You need to do so in MP2-Client. Go to Settings - Server Settings. Here you need to add the credentials and then trigger a re- import. Now your movies and series should be imported.

Well, I did this. But just to make sure. I will re-enter them now, delete and re-add the network shares. As I wrote before. I am 100% sure that network shares can be accessed. Otherwise Mediaportal wouldn't show me folders.

EDIT: Did this. But no success.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I open "series" in Home Screen.
    Ok. If the network access is working, it looks as if your naming scheme is not working, Have you tried to find your videos in "Videos"? If you can see your series and movie here but not in "Movies" or "Series" Section, the metadata grabbing did not work. This normally is due to movies or series not being recognized properly...

Chuckyy

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your help.

I checked "Videos". No mkv or avi files but 2 .iso files of some DVD's. I clicked the iso and I was able to watch the iso.
    I do a MP2 reinstall now.

It just seems to me that my installation went horribly wrong. In the last couple of hours I just tried to find out if MP2 is capable of showing series or not until I find your nice Tutorial.[DOUBLEPOST=1453668507][/DOUBLEPOST]Did a reinstall. Seems that the uninstallation procedure does not remove everything. Network shares were still set after re-installation.

Nothing changed in regards to my problem.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    the uninstallation procedure does not remove everything
    On a "normal" uninstall the settings and database files are preserved. If you want to completely clean up your system you need to remove the Team- Mediaportal folders in Program Files and (more important) in Program Data... Program Data is a hidden folder so make sure you can see hidden folders when you try to delete them...

to find out if MP2 is capable of showing series
    Oh, I can guarantee it can. I have 22.000++ series episodes and when I need to do a full reinstall (as a tester this sometimes happens) I'm absolutely sure all 22.000 episodes are imported 100% correct due to my media preparation with Matroska metatags and .nfo files.. Same is for movies, also always 100% perfect matches due to mkv tags and .nfo files. Audio files need to have proper ID3 tags with cover tagged into the files. Ten you also get a 100% perfect match.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A proof (just in case you need one):
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

This is filtered by "watched status" and the 8337 elements are the unwatched items only... The total is 22.280 just at this minute...

Chuckyy

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's ok. I already found that prove in your tutorial. But I found no info on the MP2 wiki.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But I found no info on the MP2 wiki.
    The Wiki is outdated a bit, sorry. We are right now transferring the content and overwork it into a new wiki software. The new wiki will be available soon...

Chuckyy

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

so I did a reinstall. Deleted MP2 Folders in Program Files and Program Data. The problem persists.

I attached a screenshot. I think a have rather common file structure and mptvseries plugin from mp1 is able to detect most of my files.

I can't figure out what's friggin wrong.

upload_2016-1-27_21-35-49.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom