MP2 Live TV setup help (1 Viewer)

eggmoe

Portal Member
August 5, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,
I'm fairly new to MP, one of the new converts from Microsoft Media Center. I've successfully have a MP1 server and client running with a Ceton 6 ETH, and a digital cable card. I'm now interested in trying MP2. So far I think I understand that I need to run a MP1 server with Mpextended, and a MP2 client. I've installed a new MP1 server with MPExtended, and I have a MP2 client. Can someone help me with a walk-through on how to configure this setup? When I go into my MP2 client I do not see anything under Server settings.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you like to use MP1+TvServer in combination with MP2 this needs to:
    • Dowload https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/mp2-plugins/slimtv-mpextended.
      • Extract the plugin to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins
      • Remove/delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.NativeProvider (there can be only one).
    • Configure server name, user and password in MP2->Settings->Plugins->TV for MPextended access
    • If you have MP2-Server installed, you need to remove/delete the inbuilt TV-Plugin from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3
    If you have installed MP1 only for getting TV (and not for other reasons), you might consider only this installer of MP2: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-sr15-update-1-snapshot-2015-08-03.131533/. It's a bugfix for Summer'15 release and contains everything you need to watch TV.
    No additional components are required, which makes it much easier to setup. The following configuration of TV (Desktop link "MediaPortal 2 TV configuration) is the same as for MP1: run TV configuration, scan channels, etc. See MP1 wiki for details: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup

eggmoe

Portal Member
    August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks! Running MP2 server and MP2 clients is what I'd like to do. I installed the MP2 SR1 update choosing server only. The problem I am having is that I cannot scan and find channels. I'm running Windows 10 for the MP2 server, Ceton Infinitv 6 EHT, with cable card. I have the same setup on a different server with MP1 and I'm having no problems scanning for channels there.

eggmoe

Portal Member
    August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    OK on a lark I checked EPG Grabbing while idle, just because I knew from before that that timeout was sometimes a problem, and then I got a good scan done! I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the problem or just for some reason the scan started to work but I think I'm able to go to the next steps now anyway.

Thanks! Really enjoying MediaPortal![DOUBLEPOST=1438888400][/DOUBLEPOST]wait a minute... on closer look all the channels are showing as "unknown" and at an attempt to scan again still getting 0 channels found.[DOUBLEPOST=1438889682][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh sorry, I meant to try this setting that I forgot about: Change the SDT/VCT setting to roughly 120 seconds. let me try this and see what happens.

Last edited:

eggmoe

Portal Member
    August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    yes that did it (Change the SDT/VCT setting to roughly 120 seconds) sorry I forgot about that one. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom