[solved] MP2 no TV (1 Viewer)

RM59

Portal Member
May 30, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
LS,

today I installed MP2.2 next to MP1.20 to see what is adds and to eventually migrate.
However, where MP1.20 worked fine and still does, MP2.2. although installed without issues does not show TV and reports: "There is not player registered to play media item '.tsbuffer' ".
Examining some threads I (re-)installed all required DirectX9, .NET and Visual C++ required components, but this did not eliminate the problem.
Any suggestions for a next step would be appreciated.

Kind regards.

René Meijn
Hoeven
The Netherlands

RM59

Portal Member
May 30, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No, I did not.
After MP2 installation I scanned the tv-channels from my provider with TV Configuration, which was successful.
MP2 recognizes the channels (listed, logos, EPG, information) but does not display a view.

Kind regards,

René Meijn
Hoeven
The Netherlands

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, I did not.
    Then you should do that. MP1 TV-server and MP2 server can not run at the same time, because the MP2 server has already the TV-part included.
    If you still face problems after disabling the MP1 TV-server please set logs to DEBUG (described in forum and WIKI) and upload your log files. There is a log collector icon on your desktop.

RM59

Portal Member
    May 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, so what is the most effective way to do so without un-installing MP1?
    Or do I have to re-install MP2 anyway; if so, how to de-activate MP1 TVService prior to re-installation?
    May sound as obvious questions, by I do not want to mess up MP1 as it is basically working fine.
    Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

René Meijn
    Hoeven
    The Netherlands

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, so what is the most effective way to do so without un-installing MP1?
    Assuming you have Windows 10: Press START, type "services" and press ENTER, search for the TV-Server and deactivate with a right mouse click on it
    Please be aware, that it will be activated on next boot again. To prevent that you can set "manual" start of the service.

Or do I have to re-install MP2 anyway
    I don't think it's necessary as you can scan channels, but it will also not make things worse.

PS: If you search in the forum for "MP1 and MP1 running together", "deactivate TV-server", ... you'll find a lot of threads with manuals and support for same topic ;)

RM59

Portal Member
    May 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks!
    I managed to get MP2 working: stop (MP1) 'TVService' and re-start 'MediaPortal 2 Server Service'.
    All seems to work well now

Kind regards,

René Meijn
    Hoeven
    The Netherlands

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom