[solved] - MP2 Not discovering all movies

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by ManChild63, June 13, 2019.

1. ManChild63

ManChild63 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I'm new to MP & this forum, so apologies if I'm doing anything stupid here.

I've recently built a Win10 PC to be my media portal 2 with the intention of ripping my DVD collection (Handbrake, saving as .mp4) and then using MediaPortal2 to organise & play them. The films are stored under a parent folder of c:\films and then an individual sub-folder for each move (eg c:\films\armageddon). The media source for MP2 is set at the parent folder of c:\films.

I have a problem whereby it won't import a film (Gravity) into the database and show it under 'movies', even though the DVD was ripped with the same parameters as the others (which have been recognised). When MP2 is in folder browse mode (rather than library mode) then I can see and play the movie. I've tried invoking the manual import but no good, I've even tried creating an additional media source of the parent directory of the movie, but still no good.

Any idea's?

Also, is there a way to manually choose which image is selected for the movie as an icon?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mark

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    The issue is, "Gravity" is no unique movie name. That's why it is not recognized automatically. You need to add at least the year, but better the "tt number" (means the IMDB- ID number) to the file name. Then you need to remove the not matched movie, trigger a reimport of the share so the "wrong" entry gets removed from the MP2 media library. Now add the movie again to your movie source. Now it will be scrapped again and hopefully recognized properly.
    Or you start doing it perfecty right from the beginning and add local fanart and metadata in a .nfo file to your movies. This way you will not even get all movies recognized 100% right but you also can choose, which image should be used as poster or fanart (background). There are some tools out there that can add those .nfo and fanart to your movies automatically. Many people are using tMM (Tiny Media Manager) or my own tool Media-Buddy (both tools have their own postings in our forum). Once you've prepared your movies with one of those tools you will never ever will have issues with not matching entries in MP2 (or MP1 or Kodi or Plex or Emby or,...) again...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ManChild63

ManChild63 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you so much, that worked perfectly

Very much appreciate the prompt assistance!

Mark

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!