[solved] MP2 Not discovering all movies (1 Viewer)

ManChild63

June 10, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new to MP & this forum, so apologies if I'm doing anything stupid here.

I've recently built a Win10 PC to be my media portal 2 with the intention of ripping my DVD collection (Handbrake, saving as .mp4) and then using MediaPortal2 to organise & play them. The films are stored under a parent folder of c:\films and then an individual sub-folder for each move (eg c:\films\armageddon). The media source for MP2 is set at the parent folder of c:\films.

I have a problem whereby it won't import a film (Gravity) into the database and show it under 'movies', even though the DVD was ripped with the same parameters as the others (which have been recognised). When MP2 is in folder browse mode (rather than library mode) then I can see and play the movie. I've tried invoking the manual import but no good, I've even tried creating an additional media source of the parent directory of the movie, but still no good.

Any idea's?

Also, is there a way to manually choose which image is selected for the movie as an icon?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mark

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The issue is, "Gravity" is no unique movie name. That's why it is not recognized automatically. You need to add at least the year, but better the "tt number" (means the IMDB- ID number) to the file name. Then you need to remove the not matched movie, trigger a reimport of the share so the "wrong" entry gets removed from the MP2 media library. Now add the movie again to your movie source. Now it will be scrapped again and hopefully recognized properly.
    Or you start doing it perfecty right from the beginning and add local fanart and metadata in a .nfo file to your movies. This way you will not even get all movies recognized 100% right but you also can choose, which image should be used as poster or fanart (background). There are some tools out there that can add those .nfo and fanart to your movies automatically. Many people are using tMM (Tiny Media Manager) or my own tool Media-Buddy (both tools have their own postings in our forum). Once you've prepared your movies with one of those tools you will never ever will have issues with not matching entries in MP2 (or MP1 or Kodi or Plex or Emby or,...) again...

ManChild63

June 10, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you so much, that worked perfectly

Very much appreciate the prompt assistance!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom