MP2 not recognizing Colossus 2 (1 Viewer)

Len Lekx

Portal Member
December 10, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Apologies if this has been addressed before - but I can't seem to find a solution...

My HTPC project has both a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 and a Colossus 2 installed - I'm hoping to use them to capture inputs from my HD cable box and my SD satellite receiver and run everything through MP2.

Unfortunately - while the 2250 is recognized by the TV-Server configuration program, the Colossus 2 is not.

I've seen messages on this site that talk about changing the TVLibrary.dll files under MP1.8 - but all they did when I tried that in MP2.1.3 was cause the service to fail to start again.

Am I stuck...?

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Probably. Even if you can get it to work somehow, how would you change channels on your receiver? Blasting is also not working in MP 2.

Len Lekx

Portal Member
December 10, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Bummer. I may have to go with a different system, then - Kodi or SageTV, then... unless I can figure out how to activate the .NET 3.5 features in my Win10 installation and use MP1. :(

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    At first, Kodi did not have any TV support in- build. You need 3rd party tools to achieve LiveTV in Kodi (e.g. MediaPortal ;) ).

And second, I'm pretty sure the colossus is supported as I know some people who uses it together with MP2... But I'm no expert for US- TV at all. Maybe @breese can help here the better...

Aside this, MP1 is working on Win 10 for sure...

Len Lekx

Portal Member
    December 10, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    At first, Kodi did not have any TV support in- build. You need 3rd party tools to achieve LiveTV in Kodi (e.g. MediaPortal ;) ).

Yeah - I kinda figured on using something like NextPVR... assuming that *it* recognizes the Colossus card.

Unfortunately, I tried installing MP1 on my system - got a message that says it needs .NET3.5 to work. Apparently, .NET4 isn't enough.

Maybe that changes in the latest version... the one I tried is 1.18 - I've downloaded 1.19, and will give that a shot.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Len Lekx
    Under Win10 you can 'activate' NET3.5 like this:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.
    b) Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box and press “ENTER”.
    c) In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”.
    d) Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it.
    e) If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”.
    f) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.

Screenshot:
    net35.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom