MP2 Refreshing Media Sources (1 Viewer)

MartyWakat

Portal Member
January 16, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I cannot get my MP2 to display newly added movies from my network media sources. If I go into Media Sources Overview and tell it to Reimport It still won't show new movies in Latest Data or in the Movies section if I look for it in movie genres. I can find it by going to Browse Data and then select the media source so it's definitely there but not showing in latest data or movies. There is nothing different about how these new movies are labeled. An example of some new movies that just don't show up..... All movies are in their own folder with the movie file inside. A folder called Sisters (2015) has a file in it called Sisters.mkv and it doesn't show up. Another example is a folder called Spectre (2015) and inside that is a file called Spectre.mkv

Is there a max limit of 1000 files and then it stops displaying? I don't understand why it no longer shows newly added movies in either Latest Data or even in the Movies section.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is there a max limit of 1000 files and then it stops displaying?
    No, it isn't.

The naming of those examples are not unique. If you enter "Sisters" on TMDB you got 216 matches. "Spectre" gives 26 matches. Sadly the year is not helping as this is no proper search parameter on TMDB API (something we can not change). So this can not work.
    You can add the tt number somewhere in the file name like "Spectre [tt2379713].mkv" or "Spectre_(tt2379713).mkv" or "Spectre tt2379713.mkv".
    Or add one of the well known .nfo files into the movie folder. Even a plain text file with the (IMDB-ID) tt number or the TMDB-ID number should work.
    Best is, add proper metatags to your MKV (like you do with music for sure)... MKV is supporting metatags and MP2 makes use of those MKV metatags. So a tagged file always will be matched 100% sure. ATM this is limited to MKV, but as you are using MKV nevertheless, this is no issue.

MartyWakat

Portal Member
    January 16, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Currently metadata is being added by MediaCenterMaster as that's what I have been using for years when using WMC but just switched to windows10 which is what's prompted the whole change. I will try adding the tt number in the mkv file name. I'd prefer to keep the folder just the movie name and year but I will name the file with the tt number and see if this helps it identify the movie properly and add into the latest data and movies sections.

Thank for

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Currently metadata is being added by MediaCenterMaster as that's what I have been using for years when using WMC but just switched to windows10 which is what's prompted the whole change. I will try adding the tt number in the mkv file name. I'd prefer to keep the folder just the movie name and year but I will name the file with the tt number and see if this helps it identify the movie properly and add into the latest data and movies sections.

Thank for
    You can also avoid changing the folder name by tagging the mkv file or having a nfo file with the corresponsding infos in each movie folder.
    I use TMM to create the nfo files for all movies.

I also wanted to keep my folders "clean" and had 100% matching with above method.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You don't need to change the folder name, as said above. I also use "Sisters (2015)" as folder name scheme and got 100% perfect match. And you even don't need to change your metadata tool as MediaCenterMaster is able to write "Kodi- compatible" .nfo files. Those .nfo files are also 100% compatible with MediaPortal 2.

If you want to test the metatags option you may have a look at "MKV-Buddy" (link in my signature)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom