MP2 Starting but then fails to load (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have been using MP2 for a while now and not really experienced any problems until now.

I did a clean reinstall of the client and now it fails to start up. The splashscreen appears for about 4 secs and then disappears and I'm back to the Desktop. It doesn't appear to be running in the background either when viewing via Task Manager.

Logs attached.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-03-10-13.41.49.zip
      116.3 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

I have been using MP2 for a while now and not really experienced any problems until now.

I did a clean reinstall of the client and now it fails to start up. The splashscreen appears for about 4 secs and then disappears and I'm back to the Desktop. It doesn't appear to be running in the background either when viewing via Task Manager.

Logs attached.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Seems, that the Firewall is not configured or MP2 was installed to a location w/o privileges.
    [2022-03-10 13:39:24,825] [2703 ] [29 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Started
    [2022-03-10 13:39:24,965] [2843 ] [Main ] [FATAL] - Error executing application
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied
    Best is to once delete the settings (everything in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal) and performing a repair installation.
    Remark: All data will be gone, if you delete above! I just say so, because you mentioned a clean install.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the quick reply - I'm very grateful!

I'll try another clean install as Admin, and will also check the Firewall settings too.

EDIT: I did a clean install with admin privileges...still the same. the server is shown as connected and is also accessible via File Explorer. Firewall is set to allow access for MP2. Recent logs attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-03-11-16.33.33.zip
      158.4 KB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FilterNetworkAddresses: The defined IP address filter contains the address '192.168.1.170' that is not available
    Where is your server installed? I could not see the server logs.
    Is the IP address in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\MediaPortal.UI.ServerCommunication.Settings.ServerConnectionSettings.xml same as your server IP-adress?

All components share the same IP port 55555 (also client and server process on same machine).
    If this port is occupied already by another process, it will cause conflicts.
    Also the installer adds an access rule to the HttpListener. If it was not successful, the port can't be opened.
    So for troubleshooting you might first check if port 55555 is free and also accessible through firewall.
    Have you tried to deactivate the firewall once?

Can you try "netsh http show urlacl" in your console and post the result here. It could also be, that another program also uses port 55555.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom