MP2 Stopped Recording Scheduled Programs and Viewing Live TV No Longer Works (1 Viewer)

TimeLine

June 7, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I use MP2 client and server on the same Windows 10 desktop with Hauppauge dual tuner card to time shift ATSC over-the-air TV.

I think that initially I installed the Spring16 MP2.

I installed MP2.1 Pre2 Release for ATSC closed caption support.

A few weeks ago I found that the client would no longer find the programs being recorded. I tried to correct this with client settings but was unsuccessful. I let the problem go because I prefer to use other players to view the programs anyway.

A few days ago, scheduled programs stopped recording.:(

Viewing of live TV no longer works in the Slim TV Client. Programs are still scheduled. Guide information is still being shown.

Hoping updates might correct the problem, I tried installing MP2.1-Final and have run Windows Update. Slim TV Client still ignores attempts to view live TV and scheduled programs do not record. :confused:

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    According to your logs your tuner card is not properly set up in Windows. Please open TV configuration on your TV server PC. Then have a look at the entry "Server". If you don't see your Hauppauge tuner there (your logs say they aren't available) then you need to install/upgrade the drivers for your tuner card before you can use them in MP2...

TimeLine

June 7, 2017
    Home Country
    Please open TV configuration on your TV server PC. Then have a look at the entry "Server".
    50009n.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Tuner is not initialized, so can not work. Can you try once with the Hauppauge software. I'm sure it will also not work.
    What you can do it to install the drivers once again or in worst case deinstall the TV-card and then reinstall.

TimeLine

June 7, 2017
    Home Country
    The Tuner is not initialized,
    Apparently, my TV tuner card was not being recognized during Windows startups.

Perhaps the tuner card or the motherboard had entered some peculiar state that prevented recognition of the tuner card during Windows startups?

I shut down the computer. Then, I turned off it's power supply and waited for the motherboard LED that indicates the presence of stand-by power to go dark. I turned the power supply back on and started the computer.

Now, Slim TV Client plays live TV again. I expect MP2 will resume the recording of scheduled programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom