MP2 - V2.1 MP2 suddenly stops working while playing audio / Crash inside FreeType (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tested it here and replaced our "freetype6.dll" by a new compiled version of 2.9. It seems to work, font rendering looks good.

You can try to place the attached version (unzipped) into folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SkinEngine\freetype6.dll and see if it fixes the crashes :)

Update:
    I have just replaced the freetype dll again! The previous version was a DEBUG build by accident and crashed if no VC runtime debug version was present. So download again.

Attachments

• freetype6.7z
      238.7 KB
    Last edited:

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for the delay, illness has meant I've been in and out of action. Back on deck now, so how do I get the file you attached morpheus_xx?

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    After my previous reply, I fired up MP2 and went to watch an episode - MP2 crashed @ 7:18pm

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-03-29-19.20.38.zip
      827.9 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Back on deck now, so how do I get the file you attached morpheus_xx?
    The attached file in the post can be downloaded and extracted. It then has to be placed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SkinEngine.

But I have seen other issues than the font crash before.

The log tells that there are two folder under plugins that should not be there. You should delete them, or move them one level down into the plugin you tried to update/install (also check for single files under "plugins", they also should not been there, only under a subfolder).
    [2018-03-29 19:17:32,211] [281 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - Error loading plugin in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Language'
    System.ArgumentException: Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Language' doesn't contain a valid plugin descriptor file
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor..ctor(String pluginDirectoryPath)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.LoadPluginsData()
    [2018-03-29 19:17:32,223] [293 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - Error loading plugin in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Skin'
    System.ArgumentException: Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Skin' doesn't contain a valid plugin descriptor file
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor..ctor(String pluginDirectoryPath)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.LoadPluginsData()​

And the actual crash happens when enumerating Subtitles from current player:
    [2018-03-29 19:18:29,931] [58000 ] [102 ] [ERROR] - ApplicationLauncher: Unhandled exception in application
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.InvalidComObjectException: COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used.
    at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
    at DirectShow.IAMStreamSelect.Enable(Int32 lIndex, AMStreamSelectEnableFlags dwFlags)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Tools.StreamInfoHandler.EnableStream(String selectedStream)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.SetPreferedAudio_intern(BaseStreamInfoHandler& audioStreams, Boolean useFirstAsDefault)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.EnumerateStreams(Boolean forceRefresh)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.EnumerateStreams()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.get_Subtitles()
    at MediaPortal.UiComponents.Media.Models.BaseVideoPlayerUIContributor.Update()

at MediaPortal.UI.Presentation.Models.BaseTimerControlledModel.OnTimerElapsed(Object sender)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()​

Are you using the default DirectShow filters (LAV Video, Audio and Splitter)?

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    To the best of my knowledge, the only thing I have added is Applauncher (though not yet used) and everything else is default largely because I don’t have sufficient knowledge and understanding to mess around.

Deleted the folders you mentioned, Language & Skin which are subdirectories to the Plugin folder. Plugin.Applauncher has it’s own subdirectories of Language and Skin. The only single files in the Plugins folder are Applauncher.dll and plugin.xml. The former also exists in the Applauncher folder so would seem to be unnecessary but I don’t know about the other.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom