[further infos missing] MP2 unresponsively slow. Have to force-quit in task manager (Windows 11) (2 Viewers)

hoover1979

December 12, 2023
Home Country
Australia Australia
MP2 Version
Before you create this bug report:
  1. Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.
  2. Have a look at our MediaPortal Wiki! Maybe the solution is already there.
  3. Have a look at our Jira (Bug and Issue Tracker)and the threads in this section, maybe your problem is already known.
  4. Search the forums for your problem, it's very likely that someone else already encountered the same problem.

Please always include log files with your Bug Report!
Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

==================================================================

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
Description:

Today my new TV tuner was fried in an electrical storm when lighting struck my antenna. I dusted off my old tuner and tried MP2, but when I run the program, I just get the home screen and it's unresponsively slow. It takes several minutes from hovering over something for it to select and I have to force-quit in task manager.

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
Steps to Reproduce:
1: run MP2
2: unresponsively slow
3: have to force-quit in task manager

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    99.6 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The DxDiag logs do not help here. Please check the post you linked above describing how to get MP2 debug logs files.

Did you change something else besides the TvTuner. I've seen the issue in combination of a mouse with certain resolution.
    Try to disconnect all unneeded devices and see, if this makes a difference.
    For any further guesses the logs are needed.

hoover1979

December 12, 2023
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I disconnected all but my keyboard, mouse, and TV tuner and I still can't use the program. I have to force-quit it in task manager. the only other programs I can use are SichboPVR and NextPVR and SichboPVR runs at half frame rate on my desktop 9but not my laptop) and NextPVR I can't record on.

My Logitech G502 mouse stoped the program from running, but I still can't use it. as soon as I select a TV channel MP2 stops responding completely and crashes.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you reconfigured the new TV tuner in the setup before starting the MP2-Client? But as said, w/o the debug log files I can not guess more.

hoover1979

December 12, 2023
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, I have, but no matter what I try I can not watch live TV with MP2.

EDIT: I tried MP1 and that won't work at all for me. it says it can't connect to my own PC! Looks Like I am stuck with a half frame rate on sichboPVR as every other program either won't work at all or expects me to pay a monthly subscription before it even lets me set it up (with no guarantee of it working either)

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I have, but no matter what I try I can not watch live TV with MP2.
    Just a couple of thoughts:-
    Are you able to preview any of the channels scanned with the replacent TV tuner in the MP TV Config.?
    What type of TV Tuner is the replacement and were you able to find/install an appropriate driver?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom