MPAR losing sync on channel change. (1 Viewer)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ever since I updated to 1.6 I started using MPAR for audio renderer. It works fine for the first channel, but I decide to go back to the guide and change the channel then the sync is off. I have to stop timeshifting and then restart for it to be in sync again. It then works again until I try to change channels and then its out of sync again.

Any suggestions?

Rob

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Rob,

You shouldn't be using MPAR for LiveTV.
    The main goal for MPAR is to speed up/down the stream (FPS) to match the screen refresh rate (Hz). This is possible with (local) files, but not with a Live stream.

Also please take a look at your Timeshifting settings. It tries to do something on 'R:' which doesn't exist:
    [2014-02-13 19:06:25,074] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Failed to create timeshifting folder or clean up old timeshift files!
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'R:\'.

Last edited:

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So if MPAR doesn't work for Live TV then what should I be using for a renderer? Everything else just gives me Surround Stereo and not Dolby.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Everything else just gives me Surround Stereo and not Dolby.
    The default dsound device should be able to give you 5.1 sound.
    Have you checked your Windows Sound settings and configured your speaker setup in there?
    Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Select your device and click 'Configure' on bottom

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I do that but any time I have to restart my system it for some reason reverts back to Stereo. This is why I wanted to use either MPAR or Bitstream through LAV Audio as I did before.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I do that but any time I have to restart my system it for some reason reverts back to Stereo.
    That's weird, that shouldn't happen ;)
    Maybe you should check your Windows Logs after a reboot and see what happened? Might give you a clue.
    Maybe your audio driver is set to 2.0 output?

Bitstreaming is possible with LAV, you don't need MPAR for that. bitstreaming + MPAR won't work together either, again because of up/down speed of the audio stream (which breaks bitstreaming).

But... since you don't need to MPAR functionality (assumption based on the description of your 'problem'), you could just use MPAR as Audio Renderer and disable the 'timestretching' function in the MPAR options. If that works for you, then we're probably both happy ;)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Unfortunately without MPAR my Video and Bluray performance is horrible because the i3-540 does a poor job of 24p. The problem with the speaker setup I'm guessing is that when I shut my system off the HTPC remains on but the AVR shuts off and so the HTPC no longer detects 7.1 speakers. I wish there was a way to force Windows to only use 7.1 speaker setup, but I haven't found a cheap solution yet.

So I guess I'm left with your suggestion of leaving MPAR on for Bluray and Video and leaving the Default Directsound renderer for Live TV and just living with the fact that everytime I turn on the AVR/TV I have to reset the speaker setup. Perhaps someone knows of a way to map that to a button or a script or something?

Thanks for your help.
    Rob

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Still weird that Windows Sound is changed to stereo as soon as you turn of your AVR...

Maybe this StandbyHelper tool helps to prevent the speaker setup to reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom