MPAR no sound with Dirac Audio Processor (1 Viewer)

Aurora13

Portal Pro
November 2, 2006
Hello,

I have a virtual soundcard driver named Dirac Audio Processor, which does Room Correction/DSP. When selecting this as Audio Renderer in MP everything works great. But when selecting MPAR as Audio Renderer in MP (and MPAR connects to the Dirac Audio Porcessor), there is no sound at all. Video/music are playing fine, but there is no sound.

Attached are the logs.

Regards

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    Hi tourettes,

I have done a few test to provide more info.
    (tests are done with LAV audio only or with AC3Filter only, results are the same)

MPAR output to Speakers (Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2g)
    Sample rate - result
    AUTO - Sound Oke (See AudioRenderer-Speakers.zip)
    16 - Sound Oke
    24 - Sound Oke
    32 - MPAR won't connect and Default Sound Device is used

MPAR output to Dirac Audio Processor (DAP)
    Sample rate - result
    AUTO - Movie plays, DAP says receiving audio, No Sound however (See AudioRendererDirac.zip)
    16 - MPAR won't connect and Default Sound Device is used
    24 - MPAR won't connect and Default Sound Device is used
    32 - Movie plays, DAP says receiving audio, No Sound however

So from what I see the problem is that MPAR with DAP only takes 32 bit as input, which DAP/my sound card doesn't support.

Attachments

• AudioRenderer-Speakers.zip
      8.8 KB
    • AudioRendererDirac.zip
      9.5 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Probably a bug in MPAR / 32 bit sample processing. Unfortunately I haven't had any HW that would ever accept 32 bit content so I haven't been able to test MPAR in that area ever.

So from what I see the problem is that MPAR with DAP only takes 32 bit as input, which DAP/my sound card doesn't support.

If DAP is working with non-MPAR case then DAP should be capable of converting the audio to required output format that your audio HW understands.

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006

Probably a bug in MPAR / 32 bit sample processing. Unfortunately I haven't had any HW that would ever accept 32 bit content so I haven't been able to test MPAR in that area ever.

That could be, but why does it accept with the same movie(48KHz-24bit) for the Speakers output 16 and 24 bit and with Dirac output only 32 bits. That I find very strange.

If DAP is working with non-MPAR case then DAP should be capable of converting the audio to required output format that your audio HW understands.
    DAP is working correctly indeed with every other program/audio renderer accept MPAR unfortnuately. :(

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

That could be, but why does it accept with the same movie(48KHz-24bit) for the Speakers output 16 and 24 bit and with Dirac output only 32 bits. That I find very strange.

Dirac emulates an audio HW, seems that they have limited the input to be 32 bit only (which is a stupid decission since now there must be unnescessary resampling done by the audio renderer - althou it might be that their internal algorithms are working only in 32 bit and they are lazy to implement any resampling code themselves.).

MPAR is probably to be blamed for the issue, but I need some HW to test the 32 bit playback.

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    If I force LAV Audio (or AC3Filter) to 16 bit or 24 bit or 32 bit output and connect it to DAP, it is working oke. So does that mean that DAP does except 16, 24 or 32 bit input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom