MpConfig won't run after updating from 1.2.3 to 1.3.0 (1 Viewer)

Gurra1

Portal Member
May 7, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Just updated 1.2.3 to 1.3.0 release version the other day. While the upgrade completed with no error messages, when I try to run MediaPortal configuration, an error box comes up saying:
"TVPlugin and MediaPortal don't have the same version. Please update the older component to the same version as the newer one. MpConfig version 1.2.3, TVPlugin version 1.3.0".
Everything else appears to work normally.
MediaPortal is 1.3.0 and all the configurations appear to have been imported correctly.
The previous 1.2.3 version was a fresh install.
Searched the forums for similar issues but came up with nothing.
How do I update the MpConfig version?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Gurra1

The upgrade should have updated MP config automatically, so it sounds like the installer failed to update some of your files.
    Did you have MP config or MediaPortal open at the time you upgraded?

mm

Gurra1

Portal Member
    May 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi mm,
    No, as far as I can remember, everything on the PC was shut down. The installer appeared to complete successfully. If I run it again, it wants to do a fresh install, so that's probably not a good option.

Gurra1

Portal Member
    May 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Does anyone know how to fix this without reinstalling the whole thing and risking loosing all the settings

Gurra1

Portal Member
    May 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I'm still having this problem. Do I have to wait for 1.3.1 before it can be fixed, or can I do an upgrade to 2.0 followed by a downgrade to 1.3.0?

Gurra1

Portal Member
    May 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Just realised 1.4.0 had been released. Installed it immediately. The upgrade proceeded normally without a single error message. However the problem remains. "TvPlugin and MediaPortal don't have the same version. Please update the older component to the same version as he newer one. MpConfig Version 1.2.3.0 TvPlugin Version 1.4.0.0
    Can someone please explain what is going on?

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Gurra1, it seems that the installer only updated your tvserver and not the mediaportal part.
    Please Try the following: Start the 1.4 Installer. When the first Screen appears, Close the Installer with the "X". Now look in the following Directory:
    c:\user\"your username"\appdata\local\temp\mediaportal Installation\deploy.
    There should be 2 files "package-mediaportal.exe" and "package-tvengine.exe". First start the "package-mediaportal" and after that the "package-tvengine".
    This should update both parts of Mepo.

Last edited:

Gurra1

Portal Member
    May 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    The mediaportal part has been updated. When I start mediaportal it says 1.4.0 in the bottom right corner. It seems to be only mpconfig that has failed to install.
    Nevertheless, I tried your suggestion and installed package-mediaportal.exe. TVServer 1.4.0 is already installed, I didn't bother reinstalling it.
    Your suggestion worked and the problem is fixed, thanks! MPConfig works again. My configurations seem to have survived also. TVServer 1.4.0 is already installed, I didn't bother reinstalling it.
    There are a number of backup folders now in \programdata\team mediaportal. This install created another one. Can these be removed?

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Glad to hear that this solved you issue. (y)
    Backup Folders are backup Folders..... if you won't go back to a previous Version, then you don't Need them. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom