MPControl Plugin - Fundamental understanding? (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
New Zealand New Zealand
Okay, I"m going to try and details this as best one can, because quite frankly I am confused.

First things first, I have removed all previous versions of IRSS (even through User\AppData) and have successfully installed the latest IRSS 3009 with the "IR Server.exe" rather than the "IRSERVICE" as I am using an HID IMON device. The system is correctly reading the remote, both keyboard and mouse modes are working flawlessly. Translator is also working just fine... The problem I'm having is quite simple, I am not able to accurately create proper mapping for MPControl Plugin..

1.. Once in "mediaportal control plugin" I clear all entries and add "IMON Pad" from the pull down menu. Worth noting before even adding a remote the "Map Buttons" box is not greyed out, which I would have thought would be the case...

2.. Expanding the IMON Pad correctly shows the appropriate IR Codes and allows to to reassign if need be...

From here is where I am confused... As one would expect you would highlight the "IMON PAD" and select "Map Buttons"... What I get instead is an MCE Style mapping system which is useless to me as it does not even cross reference most of the buttons... For instance the "IMON PAD" has the "OPEN" button, next to the "PLAY" button... The MCE mapping template does not have this...

Thinking that maybe the template had not been created for IMON PAD I attempted to clear the current template and build my own from scratch, with no prevails.. I'm able to add functions two layers from the main tree for instance "Power TV - All layers - no conditions" but can not create the "Power TV" in the first place. So for instance I can't create of "Open" function that the IMON PAD has...

I was expecting the "Mapping Buttons" function to be an extension of the current remote selected, you can have more than two remotes in the main window added, should you not be able to have two remote mapping templates coinciding with these remotes...

Am I completely missing some thing here? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
joecrow 1.25.0 Radio Time plugin fails after Resume from Sleep with MP 1.25 Bugreports 3
P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
E aktuelle englische Forums Webseite von - Showtime Plugin v3 Plugins & Erweiterungen 4
mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
joecrow MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin General Support 58
vapourEyes Building TV Plugin General Development (no feature request here!) 49
Golf4 Nach Windows-Updates läuft TV-Plugin nicht mehr Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
joecrow How about a Launcher plugin for MP1? MediaPortal 1 6
D [solved] TVServer Plugin must be missing something. General Development (no feature request here!) 1
framug Nouveau plugin XmlTvFR pour récupérer le guide télé français Kazer / ZguideTv (WebEPGfr) 11
emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0
D Where should plugins be located on hard drive? General Support 0
D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
cbr954rr How to disable a pre-configured plugin? General 2
mrmojo666 [Plugin]Marantz Control Plugin 0.0.0.2 MediaPortal 1 Plugins 2
mrmojo666 beginner: trying to write a plugin, need help to catch event General Development (no feature request here!) 3
framug [Rejected] Fix PowerScheduler plugin for MP2 single seat Submit: Code Patches 9
doskabouter [Question] Stale plugins Developer Discussions 9
M MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins General Support 14
Terra LAVFilter Plugin cannot be updated (MP1.23) MediaPortal 1 Plugins 10
L Mediaportal 1.21 and Windows 10: user schedules de-activated when powerscheduler plugin is selected General Support 1
C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
M Online Video Plugin V.2.32 keine Installtion unter MediaPortal 1.22 ? TV / Streaming 3
emphatic Pictures in the cloud - would a plugin be possible for services like Google Photos MediaPortal 1 Plugins 1
C where is the Online Videos plugin General Support 1