MPEI installation error (1 Viewer)

kazooless

Portal Member
November 22, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
When I try to install the latest version, I get the following error:

Error in script: error CS0006: Metadata file 'plugins\\windows\\cornerstone.dll' could not be found

error CS0006: Metadata file 'plugins\\windows\\movingpictures.dll' could not be found

Trying to install earlier versions gives no error, but the plugin doesn't work when I try to choose it in MP.

I am using Windows 7 32-bit.

I tried the easy method and the manual install.

Any ideas?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Install Error

Error in script: error CS0006: Metadata file 'plugins\\windows\\cornerstone.dll' could not be found

error CS0006: Metadata file 'plugins\\windows\\movingpictures.dll' could not be found

Trying to install earlier versions gives no error, but the plugin doesn't work when I try to choose it in MP.

Have you installed MovingPictures?

kazooless

Portal Member
    November 22, 2010
    Home Country

Thanks for the quick reply. I read the instructions and yet it didn't hit me that this was an enhancement to another plugin that obviously is a pre-requisite. Maybe just too much reading and fiddling today made my brain fuzzy.

Thanks again. It works now.

Oh, it seems I have the problem where some of the movies are pre
    pended with "imdb -." Is there a fix soon? Are there logs I can post for you to help?

kazoo

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Thanks for the quick reply. I read the instructions and yet it didn't hit me that this was an enhancement to another plugin that obviously is a pre-requisite. Maybe just too much reading and fiddling today made my brain fuzzy.

Thanks again. It works now.

Oh, it seems I have the problem where some of the movies are pre
    pended with "imdb -." Is there a fix soon? Are there logs I can post for you to help?

Open IMDb+ plugin again, you might instantly get a warning that IMDb+ scraper-script is not first, use 'Yes' to let plugin fix it for you.

The idea normally is to install IMDb+ plugin after MovingPictures, so your reverse order might have bungled a few things, will have to test more scenarios myself to see if I can figure out a better way to correct this automatic.

It's no problem, because you should be able to correct them afterwards. What happened is that some of your movies most likely got imported with the default imdb.com scraper-script which has the "IMDb - " prefix problem. Open IMDb+ plugin inside MediaPortal GUI (default is under Plugins section), and use the hidden menu to open "IMDb+ Info".

Read more @ Wiki InstallPlugin - Which version do I have now?

If the count for "Movies that use a different scraper" on that 2nd info screen is higher then '0', then scroll down to the explanation for 'What to do for an existing collection', and it will explain in easy steps how to convert the movies that got imported with a different scraper over to IMDb+.

If you need more help, ask away.

kazooless

Portal Member
    November 22, 2010
    Home Country

Thanks. I'm set now. However, the methods described didn't fix the IMDb name problem. The info did say most weren't handled by the new scraper, but I was able to successfully force them so that the number by other scrapers is now zero. But the refresh didn't rename it.

When I went into the config program outside of the gui, the refresh didn't work either. I manually renamed them and the new names stuck.

kazoo

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Thanks. I'm set now. However, the methods described didn't fix the IMDb name problem. The info did say most weren't handled by the new scraper, but I was able to successfully force them so that the number by other scrapers is now zero. But the refresh didn't rename it.

When I went into the config program outside of the gui, the refresh didn't work either. I manually renamed them and the new names stuck.

Because the movies were already imported, the IMDb+ scraper sees the refresh as a refresh on existing movies. It doesn't recognize that they previously were imported by imdb.com scraper, so it thinks title is already 'good' and by default then only updates score+votes+certification (speeds things up).

I've been meaning to change the default setting to 'refresh all fields' to be enabled, so that the few users who know they only want score+votes+certification updated on a refresh can disable it. But you reminded me that I forgot to do this in this last update, so you have to still manually correct it.

Sorry for the extra trouble, but if you enable that setting, it will work.

atwardak

December 17, 2012
    Koziegłowy, Częstochowa, Poland
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Any ideas?

I have same problem with MediaPortal 1.3.0.0

I include log files.

I copy manual this 2 missing dll but program still stop working

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have same problem with MediaPortal 1.3.0.0

I'm not really seeing the same problem as the other user.

There is an IMDb+.log file, so plugin installed, however it doesn't show scraper-script update took place. Did you launch MePo GUI after installation and opened Plugins -> IMDb+ to verify the IMDb+ options are to your likings?

I do see other errors in your log files though, such as:

Code:
    2012-12-17 12:04:09.447954 [ERROR][(2)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2012-12-17 12:04:09.448954 [ERROR][(2)]: Exception   :System.DllNotFoundException: Nie można załadować biblioteki DLL 'xpcom': Nie można odnaleźć określonej procedury. (Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x8007007F)
       w Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.NS_CStringContainerFinish(nsACString container)
       w Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.Finalize()
    2012-12-17 12:04:09.448954 [ERROR][(2)]: Exception   :Nie można załadować biblioteki DLL 'xpcom': Nie można odnaleźć określonej procedury. (Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x8007007F)
    2012-12-17 12:04:09.448954 [ERROR][(2)]:   site      :Int32 NS_CStringContainerFinish(Skybound.Gecko.nsACString)
    2012-12-17 12:04:09.448954 [ERROR][(2)]:   source    :Skybound.Gecko
    2012-12-17 12:04:09.449955 [ERROR][(2)]:   stacktrace:   w Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.NS_CStringContainerFinish(nsACString container)
       w Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.Finalize()

But that does not relate to IMDb+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom