MpeInstaller.exe Application Error (1 Viewer)

deltad

Portal Member
May 18, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tried both programs contained in the zip file, as soon as i try to open either one, I get the Application Error window. I also tried replacing my MpeCore.dll with the one that was included, same thing. Will look for the MP Watchdog program & give it a shot.
Thank you.

deltad

Portal Member
May 18, 2015
Home Country
I enabled watchdog in MP, tried reinstalling MpeInstaller.exe, Same Application Error message.
The only addition to the logs was in the TVService log...
[2018-05-07 14:01:02,453] [Log ] [PowerEventThread] [DEBUG] - TV service PowerEventThread 49349
[2018-05-07 14:01:02,453] [Log ] [PowerEventThread] [DEBUG] - TV service PowerEventThread 49349

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    Watchdog option 3 will export all currently present logs. Please, post them. Also please make screenshots of error and if error dialog has "details" with exception text could you copy it and paste here. Maybe I could build debug version of MPEI for you later.

deltad

Portal Member
    May 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Ok, I ran watchdog, then tried reinstalling mpeInstaller (application error), then had watchdog create the log.zip, attaching it to this post...

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_07_05_18__16_21.zip
      114 KB · Views: 52

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Ok, at least error is present in logs. Application_eventlog.csv was helpful.
    Something wrong with fonts in your setup. I can't be more specific for now since I'm not familiar with fonts issues. I need some time to investigate. Thanks for your (really big) patience :D Or maybe someone else could help us.
    "5/3/2018 5:52:30 PM";"Application Error";"(0)";"Error";"Faulting application mpeinstaller.exe, version 1.19.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.6532, fault address 0x00012fd3.";"1000"
    "5/3/2018 5:53:02 PM";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: MpeInstaller.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
    Stack:
    at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
    at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.Drawing.FontFamily, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)
    at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)
    at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte)
    at MpeInstaller.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
    at MpeInstaller.MainForm.Init()
    at MpeInstaller.MainForm..ctor()
    at MpeInstaller.MainForm..ctor(MpeInstaller.ProgramArguments)
    at MpeInstaller.Program.Main(System.String[])
    ";"1026"
    "5/3/2018 5:54:32 PM";"Application Error";"(0)";"Error";"Faulting application mpeinstaller.exe, version 1.19.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.6532, fault address 0x00012fd3.";"1000"
    "5/3/2018 5:54:34 PM";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: MpeInstaller.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
    Stack:
    at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
    at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.Drawing.FontFamily, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)
    at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)
    at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte)
    at MpeInstaller.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
    at MpeInstaller.MainForm.Init()
    at MpeInstaller.MainForm..ctor()
    at MpeInstaller.Program.Main(System.String[])
    ";"1026"

deltad

Portal Member
    May 18, 2015
    Home Country
    is there a way to uninstall then reinstall the fonts?

deltad

Portal Member
    May 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Wow! I think you found it. I removed those three fonts, of them, segoeuiz.ttf in particular was actually causing a display problem that I was dealing with in Norton Suite. But the MPEI still errored out. Then I removed every other font that was installed on the same day as segoeuiz, Now everything seems to have installed smoothly, I also replaced the aerial.ttf with one from another XP machine. this was the only font that I know I need (maybe also microsoft sans serif). The rest look very unfamiliar and will leave them off.
    Thank You very much, This was clearly some kind of windows infection (or maybe just some corrupted files). Either way Thank You again.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Country flag
    That's awesome news!
    I can't say how I'm happy to help fellow XP user :D

Users who are viewing this thread