legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

i am currently working on an MPE1 package für the AtmoLight process plugin. This plugin isnt available as MPE file and its hard for new user to know, which files they need. So i want to make it a bit easier for them.
    The installer is working fine so far but i got some problems that i couldnt solve by myself so far.

1. The plugin needs an modified core.dll file. At the moment i rename the original core.dll to core.dll_org as backup and copy the modified one into the MediaPortal base folder. The Problem is that every MP version needs its specific core.dll. Can someone tell me, how i can check the installed MP version and copy the right core.dll file?
    At the moment you just can select your installed version inside a tree view selector...

2. inside the dependencies window of the MPEMaker, i have only this entry:
    MediaPortal (1.1.6.27664) - (1.1.6.27664)
    Is this the internal MediaPortal 1.3.0 beta version number?
    How i can add support for 1.2.3 final or something?

Thanks in advance :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure if this is the correct way to do it,

but you could look inside mediaportal.log or configuration.log

I assume "Build: 1.3.0_Alpha-430-g438b92b" = MP 1.3 Beta

I don't know what the build ID# is for MP 1.2.3 Final

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The dependency to MediaPortal is not for a specific MediaPortal Version - it defines the API level of MediaPortal (1.1.6.27664 is the first API level and was introduced in MP 1.2)
    This mean your package should install in MP 1.2.3, if your plugin dlls don't have dependencies to changed Subsystems.

For the correct version of Core.Dll I'd check the Version of that dll - it should be different on each MP Version. But that is not directly build into the installer, you'll need a custom action.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the answers...so i need to add an file attribute comparison to my script i already use for renaming the core.dll....

Which file attribute you would use for version comparison? Should is use the "File Version" or the "Product version"?
    Will the Product Version always include an part of the current MP release?
    core_fileAttributes.png
    In this case i only have to search for a string (1.3.0_alpha..., 1.3.0_beta..., 1.2.3 ...) inside the product version attribute?

Next question.. :)

is it possible to select/enable/disable groups of the treeview selector automatically by the script?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The FileVersion should be used.
    I think it is possible to check/uncheck groups via the attached action script, but I have no sample available.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I started to write a small stand alone installer for the core files. Inside the MPE Installer i could figure out to get the script working :-(.
    Could someone please send me original core files for MP 1.2.3, 1.3.0 alpha and 1.3.0 beta? I just want to make sure that i got the right one and that i can deliver every modded and original core file with the installer.

Last edited:

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes...i can do that. just give me a moment. will pm you a link.
    btw: i find it very cool, that the atmolight plugin finally gets an mpe installer package :)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes...i can do that. just give me a moment. will pm you a link.
    btw: i find it very cool, that the atmolight plugin finally gets an mpe installer package :)

great thank you... the reason i want an MPE package too is that i dont want to answer all the questions for the newest plugin/core/Atmowin versions :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom