[Help Us!] MPExtended 6.0 Issues (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    While testing I ran into a few issues / bugs that I need help with
    When attempting to remove this version I discovered Windows uninstaller has the Beta 6 labeled as Version 0.5.99.1
    BetaMPExtended.jpg

The uninstaller does not remove the folder
    C:\ProgramData\MPExtended

The Service log jumps from
    2014-06-15 09:40:34.64934 [(15)] DEBUG: Publishing service set MAS=192.168.1.100:4322; MASStream=192.168.1.100:4322; TAS=; TASStream=; UI=192.168.1.100:4322
    2005-11-06 23:02:18.14062 [HostThread(4)] DEBUG: Opening MPExtended ServiceHost version 0.5.4 (commit 7ce458f)

and then later
    2005-11-06 23:03:04.81250 [(13)] WARN: Couldn't retrieve external IP from any of the external websites. Is your network functioning and the firewall configured correctly?
    2014-06-24 17:09:55.25000 [HostThread(4)] DEBUG: Opening MPExtended ServiceHost version 0.5.4 (commit 7ce458f)

My biggest issue seems to be with this error and I have no idea what causes it
    I discovered that anytime there is a change in the Client / Remote accessing the software there are a number of exceptions. I have added a 2nd upload of logs called Client Connections. When I switched from one IPad remote to the new MPiV (IPad) remote, MPExtended thru exceptions and did not show anything in Activities.

2014-07-18 05:37:24.63183 [ (52)] ERROR: Unhandled exception in service (JSON interface)
    System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory' threw an exception.
    ---> Gentle.Common.GentleException: FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found!
    Gentle is unable to continue!
    The handlers emitted the following error messages:
    Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "C:\Program Files\MPExtended\Service\MPExtended.ServiceHosts.CoreService.exe.Config".
    Unable to create FileHandler for file Gentle.config.
    This usually means that the file could not be found in any of the default search locations.
    The handlers threw the following exceptions:
    Error: DeveloperErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: No configuration file could be located.
    at Gentle.Common.FileHandler..ctor(String file)
    at Gentle.Common.Configurator.AddFileHandler(String configStoreName, String fileName)

at Gentle.Common.Configurator.InitializeHandlers()
    at Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(String configStoreName, Object instance)
    at Gentle.Framework.ProviderRegistry..ctor()
    at Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory..cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory.GetProvider(Type type)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
    at TvDatabase.RadioChannelGroup.ListAll()
    at MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.TVAccessService.GetRadioGroups(String filter, Nullable`1 sort, Nullable`1 order) in D:\Projects\MediaPortal\MpExt\git\Services\MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService\TVAccessService.cs:line 690
    at SyncInvokeGetRadioGroups(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Attachments

• MPExtended.zip
      27.3 KB
    • Client Connections.zip
      8.1 KB
    Last edited:

Fabrix67

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    me too, same issue:

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator.Pages.TabWebMediaPortal' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.
    ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\DefaultConfig\WebMediaPortalHosting.xml'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom