MPExTuneCmd Plugin (Sat. tuner channel changer) (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I have created a little plugin for MP that executes an external command .exe or .bat on a channel change events.

I use this to integrate with http://www.dtvcontrol.com/ to change channels on my external DirectTV receiver via the low speed serial port within the MediaPortal environment.

What you need to implement this is.

1) Download dtvcon from : http://www.dtvcontrol.com/download/dtvcon172.zip
2) Build or buy a serial cable and test with dtvcon utility. You can see how to build one on the dtvcontrol website. You can also buy one from http://store.snapstream.com/accessories.html either the directTV cable pack for $20 for your receiver.
3) Download the MPExTuneCmd.zip MP plugin from : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1107364&group_id=107397&atid=647927
4) Unzip the file and move the MPExTuneCmd.dll into the plugins/process mediaportal directory.
5) Run the MediaPortal configuration and enable the MPExTuneCmd plugin, click Setup and point to the dtvcmd.exe from the dtvcontol install location, use a "#" as the command delimiter.
6) In the MP Configuration under Television|Channels edit a channel and click advanved and set the Type: External, Input: SVHS (or whatever works for you), External Channel: whatever the real channel is. Then click OK. Continue editing a few other channels and restart MP and test.

This should provide very fast channel changes compared to any IR based interface.

This plugin will basically execute the specified .exe or .bat with the channel number appended as a parameter on all external channel change events. So integration would work with many external methods.

Enjoy,
901Racer

gtirebuyer

March 9, 2005
I can't seem to get this to work. I have grider set up to change channels on my dish network receiver. When I run "C:/program files/girder32/event.exe 123 -silent" from a cmd box girder will change the channel for me. Shouldn't I be able to do this with this plug in?

dogboy

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
MPExTuneCmd Plugin

Help

I can't get to run events.exe either. Can anyone confirm that this plugin is working with 0.1.0.10 or any other version?

David

A

Anonymous

also having issues with this plugin... is anyone well-versed enough to trouble shoot?

i'll buy you a drink...

A

Anonymous

mbb said:
first, describe your issue :?: please.

I guess that would help...

I am using a RJ6-DB9 Serial Cable adapter from the Snapstream store to control my DirectTV receiver with dtvcontrol (v1.72)... it works really well for changing channels on it's own.

But the plugin doesn't work for me. I have installed per the instructions above but when I try and change a channel from within MP, the TV feed freezes and I notice that there are multiple instances of the DirectTv Control program open in the background.

First issue that I believe to be causing problems is that dtvcontrol no longer uses "dtvcmd.exe" mentioned in step 5, it now uses "DirectTV Control.exe" However, I have no clue as to how I would go about checking this out in the plugin. Is it a simple naming issue?

I may try and rename "DirectTV Control.exe" to "dtvcmd.exe" later to see if that helps.

So, next question, where can I research making a plugin that will simply tell MediaPlayer to send channel changing commands directly to DirectTV Control?

Many thanks.
Samuel

A

Anonymous

FOP said:
mbb said:
first, describe your issue :?: please.

I guess that would help...

I am using a RJ6-DB9 Serial Cable adapter from the Snapstream store to control my DirectTV receiver with dtvcontrol (v1.72)... it works really well for changing channels on it's own.

But the plugin doesn't work for me. I have installed per the instructions above but when I try and change a channel from within MP, the TV feed freezes and I notice that there are multiple instances of the DirectTv Control program open in the background.

First issue that I believe to be causing problems is that dtvcontrol no longer uses "dtvcmd.exe" mentioned in step 5, it now uses "DirectTV Control.exe" However, I have no clue as to how I would go about checking this out in the plugin. Is it a simple naming issue?

I may try and rename "DirectTV Control.exe" to "dtvcmd.exe" later to see if that helps.

So, next question, where can I research making a plugin that will simply tell MediaPlayer to send channel changing commands directly to DirectTV Control?

Many thanks.
Samuel

Anhy update on this? If I can easily use my low speed data cables with my SnapStream data cables and RCA DirecTV receivers, I will ty MP. Right now, this is the only thing holding me back. I WILL NOT use any type of IR device. Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Nice plugin, I finally figured out how to get this to work with girder and the command line thing :)

I have a MCE 2005 remote, so I used the driver plugin from TheGreenButton forum. Then I imported the SageSetExternalChannel.gml which has the script and events to trigger 0,1,2,3 etc.

The configure the command to execute:
<girder path>/event.exe SageSetExternalChannel 18 # -silent

So when you say change channel to 600, it will be:

event.exe SageSetExternalChannel 18 600 -silent

The SageSetExternalChannel.gml will then execute command in this sequence: 6, 0, 0

very nice :)

Hope this helps someone else, I'll attach the files to SageSetExternalChannel.gml next.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have al the necessary files; girder, sageexternal.gml etc. Could someone tell me were in Media Portal I have to give in the command line: event.exe SageSetExternalChannel 18 600 -silent ? Is this in the channel setup, on the tab external where you can specify the channel number?

I tried this but it doesnt work )-:

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom