MPMovieCatalog - plugin/utility for remote managing movie database (1 Viewer)

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
July 3, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I've just finished the working beta of plugin/utility for remote managing movie database/
You can download it here - mpmoviecatalog - Google Code

The main features are:
1) Show movie info using xsl-template (for idea thanx Collectorz.com Movie Collector)
2) Grab movie info using MediaPortals's script (just copy your scripts to "script" folder)
3) Grab movie cover arts from IMP Awards and Amazon (using MediaPortal's grabbers) and TMDb and allow you to choose which cover art will be used

Release 0.0.5

* Build for MP 1.2.x

Release 0.0.4

Added:
* Import new files wizard
* "discid" field in Edit dialog

Release 0.0.3

Fixed:
* Ignoring cdlabel field

Added:
* Exporting to text, Ant Movie Catalog, HTML

Release 0.0.2

Fixed:
* Wrong tooltips in toolbar
* Exception on adding files when CD/DVD in MP's shares
* Movies added to the database via MPMovieCatalog are not shown in MP (you should open movies added via MPMovieCatalog on edit and press Ok)

Added:
* Sorting in movies grid
* Choosing view template
* Reporting

Attachments

• MPMovieCatalog-0.0.1-main.JPG
    MPMovieCatalog-0.0.1-main.JPG
    98.7 KB
  • MPMovieCatalog-0.0.1-edit.JPG
    MPMovieCatalog-0.0.1-edit.JPG
    69.2 KB
  • MPMovieCatalog-0.0.1-search.JPG
    MPMovieCatalog-0.0.1-search.JPG
    113.8 KB
  • MPMovieCatalog-0.0.5.zip
    2 MB

mascal

May 6, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Wonderful plugin! :D

It works fine. The only "bug" I found is on the toolbar: tooltips for the buttons are all like "toolstripbuttton1", "toolstripbutton2" and so on.

Some features I would like for this software:

- Some reporting options (printing a simple or a detailed list of all the movies)
- Exporting to some format (ANT Movie Catalog, simple text, html, Excel, ...)

I attached a file for the Italian language, so You can insert it in the distribution archive (for this language, on the edit window some label should be checked for char length).

Bye

Mascal
www.mascal.it

Attachments

• it.xml
    30.6 KB

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
July 3, 2008
Home Country
Some features I would like for this software:

- Some reporting options (printing a simple or a detailed list of all the movies)
- Exporting to some format (ANT Movie Catalog, simple text, html, Excel, ...)

Thanx for good words!

The plugin is in beginning of his life :) And I'm planning this features in future releases. Moreover, I'm planning to extend movie information with technical details such as video and audio codecs, languages, subtitles etc.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi kirill_mmm
    i thing cool pluging ,you mack .

any thot to mack it standalon movie colection program ? can be cool ,
    afcors thet the main option to export to media portal shot stay ,
    but i thing many peple looking also for this kind of saftwaer just to colect thir all colaction in 1 place
    then export to MP ,

somting to thing abut for the future ...

thanks

ysmp

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've used collectorz.com movie collector some time ago, before I got my HTPC, to keep track on my movies and if someone borrowed it, to whom.
    I've got a 500+ DVD collection that has been archived in cases/bags in my closet and I've been looking for a way to get something like collectorz for MP.

Just some quick questions:

- Is there a way to assign a number or something to where it got my movie stored? ex; Case 2, movie #44
    - Possible to put a flag with "borrowed by: <name>"
    - Search by name with remote?

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2008
    Home Country
    but i thing many peple looking also for this kind of saftwaer just to colect thir all colaction in 1 place

There are a lot of such programs - for example Ant Movie Collector (freeware), Collectorz.com Movie Collector (shareware) and so on.

I wanted to make the software with the same features to work directly with MP's database without any import/export

- Is there a way to assign a number or something to where it got my movie stored? ex; Case 2, movie #44
    - Possible to put a flag with "borrowed by: <name>"

It's possible, but to do that it is necessary to extend MP's database - I'm planning that in future releases

- Search by name with remote?

Could you explain what do you mean?

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    excellent plugin mate!!!!!!!

the info that it gets is from the default movie db? what i mean is there any chance to get the info from the moving pictures db?

also when you say remote management do you mean there it will be browser based so it can be accesed remotely?

cheers for a wonderful plugin

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2008
    Home Country
    excellent plugin mate!!!!!!!

the info that it gets is from the default movie db?

Yes, the default database is used

what i mean is there any chance to get the info from the moving pictures db?

Everything is possible :)

also when you say remote management do you mean there it will be browser based so it can be accesed remotely?

When I said "remote" I meant that the MPMovieCatalog's "rich" client could work over the HTTP with the MP (with MPMovieCatalog plugin) installed on the remote machine, so you can manage your MP's movie database, installing on your HTPC, remotly with, for example, laptop (as do I :))

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    oh oraits
    thx for the clarification mate!

again an excellent plugin!

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok. now I understand what this plugin do :) I thought it was a movie organiser, like collectorz, but for MP. I guess this thing could be done though if I use mov. Pictures for movies on my HDD and "my movies" for my offline DVD archive. Still, I really miss that location feature and the ability to manage loans..

edit: for that "search by remote" I asked about. I meant that by pressing 4-button on the remote, it would jump to the first movie that starts with the letter G. I already know that my movies does this but as I thought it was a movie organiser for MP... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom