MPMovieCatalog - plugin/utility for remote managing movie database (2 Viewers)

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
July 3, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Seems to be a similar bug to the previous one.
Rating has to be set to 0.
Otherwise an exception is raised when trying to convert the field to an integer.

Try .exe in attached zip. I hope, the bug is finally fixed :)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Seems to be a similar bug to the previous one.
Rating has to be set to 0.
Otherwise an exception is raised when trying to convert the field to an integer.

Try .exe in attached zip. I hope, the bug is finally fixed :)

Just tested and problem is fixed. :D

Suggestion:
---------------
Would be nice if the directory listing in the "choose file" dialog would be sorted alphabetically. Otherwise it is really hard to find the file you want to add if you have a large directory structure.

I found another problem which is related to the fact that cdlabels are currently ignored.
The problem occurs if you add a movie from a DVD drive and already have movies added from other DVDs from within MP's own movie editor. From your code I see that you are searching the path table if the path you want the movie to add from is already in the database. As all movies on DVD have the same path (e.g. "D:\") you choose a path record which belongs to another DVD and link it to the newly created "files" table record. But this "path" record has a cdlabel field which is different from the cdlable of the DVD you added the new movie from. The consequence is that MP is not able to play back the new movie as it requests the DVD with the cdlable from the wrongly linked path entry.

The solution would be to set the cdlabel field if you add movies from a DVD drive and to only reuse "path" records for new movies if both fields "strPath" and "cdlabel" match for the new movie.

What do you think?

Regards,
grubi.

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
July 3, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I found another problem which is related to the fact that cdlabels are currently ignored.
The problem occurs if you add a movie from a DVD drive and already have movies added from other DVDs from within MP's own movie editor. From your code I see that you are searching the path table if the path you want the movie to add from is already in the database. As all movies on DVD have the same path (e.g. "D:\") you choose a path record which belongs to another DVD and link it to the newly created "files" table record. But this "path" record has a cdlabel field which is different from the cdlable of the DVD you added the new movie from. The consequence is that MP is not able to play back the new movie as it requests the DVD with the cdlable from the wrongly linked path entry.

The solution would be to set the cdlabel field if you add movies from a DVD drive and to only reuse "path" records for new movies if both fields "strPath" and "cdlabel" match for the new movie.

Thanx for this information :D - I have never used files on DVD, so I know nothing about using field "cdlabel" by MediaPortal. I'll re-write my queries using "cdlabel" and it'll be available in the next release.

Great plugin!
I attached a file for the Polish language.
Durbi

:D It'll be included in the next release.

MarkTrail

April 1, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I noticed that when you sort your movie list by title, and then print, the list does not print out alphabetically as it shows on the screen.
I would really like to print a list of my movies alphabetically.

by the way I really like this plugin :)
Mark

gemini

Portal Member
September 23, 2006
Eppingen
Home Country
Germany Germany
German language file and two questions

Hi kirill_mmm,
great job. I really need the option to remotely manage the DB. :D

Please continue the work!

Attached my little contribution: The German translation of the user-interface.

For most text the translation was easy, but because German tends to be longer than Englisch some buttons are to small in width to show the full text. Can this become more dynamic? If not, I'd do another round and try to come up with meaningful abreviatons.

Moreover, there seem to be some window titles hardcoded and thus the translations does not work. I suggest you check that.

Finally, I have two questions.

1. For empty field in the database (e.g. author) I get "unknown" on the screen. Would it be possible to make this language dependend too?

2. I don't find any scripts, neither in the options dialog nor when hitting the find button. The client I run MP Movie Catalog on, has no MP installed. Could that be the reason? Do I need to copy the grabbers from the MP machine?

Thanks and regards,
Gemini

Attachments

• de.xml
    30.6 KB

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for the new version.
Adding a new DVD is still not working correctly.
A new record is created in the "movie" table however the column "idPath" is set to 1 and not to the "idPath" of the record in the "path" table which was created also.

HTH

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.

I see you are now adding the cdlabel to the database. However the internal MP database editor does not add the true CD label but the serialnumber of the drive. Maybe it would be a good idea to make this consitent to avoid further problems.

This is the relevant source code:

Code:
public string GetDVDLabel(string strFile)
    {
      string cdlabel = string.Empty;4
      if (MediaPortal.Util.Utils.IsDVD(strFile))
      {
        cdlabel = MediaPortal.Util.Utils.GetDriveSerial(strFile);
      }
      return cdlabel;
    }

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom